F**k HOA's and Condo Commandos!

jhulud

I f'in' hate Homeowner Association groups!

Things are changing at my work and I'm able to drive a company truck...SUV...Ford Escape. Well...come to find out that the HOA where I live does not allow "imaged" or "vehicles that have advertisements" on them. And I just found this out like 2 hours ago...I was supposed to go by the office tomorrow to get the truck. There goes that idea as I won't be allowed to have it in my driveway. And the garage is out of the question...which would have been OK to bring it and park it in...because the garage is more a storage and work area. I have my workbench and tools there and all kinds of other crap and there is no space to park a car.

This completely burns me up because I was pretty static about the prospect of having the company truck and saving a lot of gas money.

And on top of that bullshit rule...they don't allow garage sales. This is something that we'd love to have as we have a ton of stuff that we need to weed out and get rid of and could be moved in a garage sale.

>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(>:(

park it on another block at night.

I have thought about something like that. My place is right next to a post office parking lot. The back of my place faces the lot, so I could park it there...but I'd be hesitant being a company vehicle and whatnot. Just being paranoid.

dude get on the board, and campaign to get shit changed.

You know what? You'd think this is a good idea. But next thing you know, they are going to allow cars with ads, and they're going to be an eyesore. Then you're going to have people having their junky yardsales and neighbors are going to have to look at and talk to each other, and some of them are going to fight. And all the eyesores from the ads and the yard sales are going to drive down property values. Next thing you know kids are going to be getting into drugs and all the people with money are going to sell their property before the market bottoms out. Then people are going to start shooting at each other and flipping over people's cars and then the community is going to be just like Gary, Indiana, and nobody wants that.

Yeah, campaign to get things changed. Bright idea, jackass. ::)

I mean for the love of God, do you really think he ought to shatter the illusion these people cherish that they are useful and have worthwhile influence and input in a world as chaotic and unpredictable as ours? Should he question their authority by wiping over any vestige of their ability to maintain control over people who have different philosophies and aesthetics than they?

These are people need their shallow authority to fuel their inflated sense of self worth, and I think you are an asshole for wanting to take that away from them. Do you realize that if they were to suddenly realize how meaningless, beaurocratic, and just plain silly their stratum truly is, that you could throw their ENTIRE WORLD and sense of social responsibility and civics into utter fucking upheaval?

Do you really want to see, say, Mrs. Caldwell (14D Chicago Ave - resident, 22 years - Treasurer), having nothing to do for one to two hours, two Wednesdays a month, hitting the bottle instead? Or Association President Randy Irelan having to move somewhere else because "this neighborhood has gone way downhill"?