+/- about your day

But you know what? Non-competes are bullshit!!! trying to keep someone from making a living because you dont want them to work for a competitor is fucking garbage.

i just signed my first contract with my company and there's a non-compete in it -- or as they like to call it a "binding covenant." my news director told me its basically impossible for them to actually enforce it and they've never even bothered. so i'm cool with it.

plus its only three months. that's at least somewhat managable; a year is fucking insane.

it's a clause in your contract that says you can't work for any business that is in direct competition with your employer. since i'm a news reporter, that would mean if i left my radio station, i wouldn't be able to work for any other station for at least three months. it would likely also extend to local tv stations, since we're only a medium-market.

for matt it would be another ad agency in his area.

it's a clause in your contract that says you can't work for any business that is in direct competition with your employer. since i'm a news reporter, that would mean if i left my radio station, i wouldn't be able to work for any other station for at least three months. it would likely also extend to local tv stations, since we're only a medium-market.

for matt it would be another ad agency in his area.

Yeah, for me its mostly for stealing clients and info and all that jazz, but my old agency sued a few people that left and went to other agencies. But my old company was a religious ad agency and those people were the biggest assholes EVER and it was the worst place to work, Shirt and tie everyday, set lunch breaks it was like i was in elementary school all over again. they sued a friend of mine that left and she got tied up in court for months.

Yeah, for me its mostly for stealing clients and info and all that jazz, but my old agency sued a few people that left and went to other agencies. But my old company was a religious ad agency and those people were the biggest assholes EVER and it was the worst place to work, Shirt and tie everyday, set lunch breaks it was like i was in elementary school all over again. they sued a friend of mine that left and she got tied up in court for months.

that's fucking crazy. i can't believe they would do that to people.

Guest abravemorning

+Off work for the next two days.

+Late night dinner at CK's

-Im broke until Friday

+/-Im finding myself sexually attracted to my Rancid "Let's Go" 10"s.

+ Easy day at work - watching office and simpsons episodes, posting here and updating my list

+ cleaned more of my office and dropped off about 150 LBS of paper,magazines and newspaper at the recycle center

+ got a lot of my insurance problems taken care of

+ get to sleep in tomorrow because i have a doctors apt at 10:30a that means i wont be at work until noon.

+ got some free Terror Tix to the show in a couple days

+ found a girl unloading all of her LTJ collection and she's has everything i need.

- finding a ton of LTJ records and not having cash for them

- no good mail

- Only wed.

- Hot as shit today!

+got my vc secret santa gift

+got the record I bought off jhulud

+ a friend sent me the best xmas present ever(6 records!)

+I got approved for an apt in brooklyn, I can move in on the 15th!

-due to commitments (job, home) I can't move in til the 30th

-im getting fucking sick

-aim now lags 24-7 on my sidekick so i signed off

+aim now lags 24-7on my sidekick so I signed off

Guest scriptedrain

+ Day off

+ Get to spend time with Jess

+ / - Fantasy football playoffs start today... I'm in 2 leagues (VC and a local pay league) and in the playoffs, I'm happy to be there but it's kind of nerve wracking for the pay league because depending on whether or not I win, it's the difference between me potentially paying $30 or receiving ~$500 next week (I'm absolutely broke right now)

- Don't feel well

- Apartment needs to be cleaned

- Have shopping that needs to be done

- Have to go to bed early tonight (work at 5:30)

Positive Side Note: This message board is now up to 500 members!