What do you take for a cold?

Guest eriathomas

Guest eriathomas

I can't remember the last time I've had a cold this severe, so I figured I'd ask. The cold started Sunday night, and progressively got worse until yesterday, when I could barely get out of bed. I've been taking Advil Cold and Sinus since Monday, but it does not do shit, so I just went out and got some Cold Eeze (may be too late) and some Nightquill. I've never taken either, but heard both are great. I only got the nightquill because I'd really like to get a good night sleep tonight, since I have not since Sunday. I actually feel a bit better today then I did yesterday, though yesterday I was ok for the first few hours I was awake and it got worse as the day went on.

Guest eriathomas

I almost bought the dayquil/nyquil package, but the "can cause severe liver damage if more then 4 dayquil, or 6 nyquil are taken in 24 hours" sort of put me off. I can't drink OJ, it gives me terrible heartburn, so I've just been downing water and took a multivitamin earlier. Hopefully the cold eeze does something, even though I think I waited too long for it to be really effective, and it hurts my tongue.

i take sudafed like it's going out of style. then again, most of my cold related issues are from my sinuses.

This. And I take Ibuprofen for body aches/fever. Sometimes I'll hit a liquid medicine of some kind. If you have a cough you definitely need to take a cough suppressant of some kind.

Guest eriathomas
Emergen-C

I see this stuff all the time, but never know if it is something you are supposed to take daily, or just when you are sick so I didn't pick any up when I was out.

oh and before you go to sleep tonight

1/4 cup of gin

25 ml of lemon juice

1 teaspoon of honey

1 clove

2/3 cup of boiling water

1. pour the gin, lemon juice and honey in a cup

2. add the clove

3. fill the cup with the boiling water, and let brew a few minutes

4. drink more or less quickly

5. go to bed

i guarantee you, the next morning you will feel a lot better.

If you are able to take a day off or whatever I highly recommend doing a dose/dose & a half of Nyquil, and then a few shots of whiskey. This has been my go to cure for years now, and it puts me out for a decent amount of time. I wake up feeling drowsy of course, but my cold is always gone.

Guest eriathomas

I don't know whats wrong. I felt a lot better yesterday, and today until about 7pm, then it hit me again and keeps coming and going. I'm not sure what it is, but it's annoying as hell and sort of freaking me out. I guess I need to call up my doctor tomorrow.