$18,000 NES game

Guest eriathomas

"This was bought over 20 years ago so my memories are fuzzy (we have over 175 games - which, btw will be going up for auction in the coming months - all with boxes! - some unopened). What I remember is that we bought it thinking that we could play it by itself and then realized that we needed the pad (?). Somewhere in there it was recalled so the pads weren't available when we went to purchase it. We never got around to returning the game...lucky us!"

That guy has to be feeling so awesome right now for being to lazy to return it.

Guest eriathomas

An unsealed copy went for $13000+ in a lot with a NES and a few other games a few days ago. It's damn crazy what people pay for rare. I collect games and stuff too, but I just don't see the point in paying so much money to own something like that.

I hope you read this:

The North American version of Stadium Events is universally accepted as the rarest licensed NES game available for purchase in North America. This is why this game is huge to collectors! Show your seriousness about Stadium Events and other rare Nintendo items with this one of a kind EMAIL ADDRESS.

The address is [email protected] Upon winning this auction, you will receive very simple instructions on how to log into and change the security settings to assure a very safe acount. Please be advised the the actual Stadium Events game IS NOT included with this auction. Again, this action is for the rights to this one of a kind EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY!

This is pretty rare mainly cause in the end only 200 carts sold in the East Coast before being shipped back and repackaged with the power pad. I would love to own the "Holy Grail", I've heard rumors of someone finding one at a Goodwill, which if it is true (I doubt it) would be pretty insane to stumble apon.

[image]

You guys realize that the people buying this shit were in their 20s or younger when these games originally came out. Now they're in their 40s and beyond. They have the money to blow on this stuff so they do. It's not like they're saving their spare change to buy a $20,000 game, they have the money.

i can't ever imagine having enough money to drop this much money on anything other than a vehicle or a down-payment on a house. I mean, more power to ya if you have that kind of cash just hanging out...but I'd rather see 'em throw it at a charity or something rather than a video game cartridge. also, how much do you think it cost in R&D to make this game?? anywhere near this much for an 8-bit Nintendo game?