Serious Goodwill Haul

So my girlfriend heads into one of the local Goodwills (Charles Town, WV) tonight, and leaves with every record below:

[image]

:o:o:o

Of particular awesomeness is the Youth of Today - Break Down The Walls and the Kill Rock Stars comp. with the melvins, nirvana, and bikini kill on it (I've watched both of those go for around $100 on ebay...together, they were a fucking dollar! ha!)

I had never heard of it until she gave it to me, but the Punk TV comp is pretty rad too, (Bands covering TV Themes. Braid, CapnJazz, Less Than Jake, Christie Front Drive, etc).

All in all, she only spent five bucks. I'm freakin stoked on the find/her generosity/awesome taste (if you haven't heard Tom Waits - Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis off of that album, do yourself a favor and check it out. heartbreaking stuff), but it got me wonderin....who else on here has stumbled upon pure gold at Goodwill, and what was it??

Thanks man. Out of curiosity, I checked popsike when i got home in regards to that and just about shit my pants. the first couple copies listed went for $800.00, but were for the OG red vinyl version from '86. It doesn't really matter though, I'm just psyched to have a copy.

And thanks dan for the floor compliments haha. You should come over tomorrow, I think a serious listening party is in order...

p.s. the question still stands: Who else has awesome Goodwill finds and what??

And thanks dan for the floor compliments haha. You should come over tomorrow, I think a serious listening party is in order...

Sure! If I can wake you up out of your morning comatose state, that'd be swell

Anyone on here want me to seize these records and sell them to you for 5 bucks (12 shipping)? I'll do that while the bear hibernates

juuusst kidddinnngg

i found a jimmy eat world futures double lp for a dollar

Daaang -- there are a few gems on that album so nice steal!

The best thing I have ever found in my nearby Goodwill was a sexy 7"...

[image]

When I got home I was ready to rock out to some 80s love music, when I took out the 7" and saw it was Alabama... :'( HEARTBEEEAATT

That's awesome man! Just so I'm clear you went to Chales Town not Charleston? I live in Martinsburg WV is the reason why I'm asking.

Dude the best thing I've ever found is a Bill Cosby album haha.

Yeah he does mean Charles Town -- we both go to Shepherd so there's no need for a trip to Charleston when you can just add a space and a 'w'

COSBY!! Hell yes!