Arms Aloft/Fake Boys split 7"? Dead Format?

So, what's up with this release, and Dead Format in general?

Was originally pegged for Summer '09, and then at last update, it was said copies would be arriving in January. Now, I can't find the original thread, and I know this year Dead Format went a month or so without any updates. (After a month of inactivity, 2 news items were added, and now it has been another week since then)

So I'm just wondering if anyone knows what's up with this release or Dead Format (moreso the dude behind it than the site itself).

he's "working on it", haha. seriously, the site itself is great but thats about it.

I think the concept is good, but the way it's be done could use some work. I think it'd be a much better site if it were a wiki, or at least if there was more than one person doing all the news/approvals.

But it isn't my website, so I suppose it isn't my say.

• 1 month later...
here's his info, why don't you sent him a message:

http://www.deadformat.net/user/nickman

He has an account here, and I've read countless posts from people here about e-mailing him and never receiving a response. Hence me not directing this at him, but rather other people who may be 'in the know'.

here's his info, why don't you sent him a message:

http://www.deadformat.net/user/nickman

He has an account here, and I've read countless posts from people here about e-mailing him and never receiving a response. Hence me not directing this at him, but rather other people who may be 'in the know'.

So you're saying that you haven't sent him an email/IM concerning your issue, but are relying on someone 'in the know' to handle your issue?

Hi guys! This thread is awesome. Continue discussing Dead Format related stuff and asking questions on the absolute worst place to post it. Yes it's true I have an account here but probably not for much longer since I haven't bothered to check it in months since I would expect that any relevant DF information I need to give attention to would be posted over at the DF boards. But I'll help you out just this once anyway:

Arms Aloft / Fake Boys split and Fake Boys full length are still coming out, I'm truly terribly sorry for the delay on these things and apologize you've had to wait so long to get them. But, there's no need to worry.. tests are on their way to me soon, everyone who ordered will be handsomely rewarded with lots of surprises and I know for sure I'll have Fake Boys LPs in time for their record release show / tour with Off With Their Heads in June. I'm also working on 3 more releases that will be out sometime before this fall - but rest assured I won't be taking preorders for them since I'm such a shitty dude/flake/dick/etc etc etc!

Scott - I see one news item submitted from you on 12/28/09, sorry I didn't get around to posting it! Try again?

Also! If any of you guys haven't given up hope on DF and switched your tradelists to checkmyvinyl or some shit already, you'll be glad to know the new version of DF is only a couple weeks away with a lot of new tradelist features, improved homepage with better news system, record store db, and lots of other cool stuff you'd know about if you paid attention over there! I am also launching hosted stores at http://stores.deadformat.net and I guarantee they will be better than anything out there.

All that being said, if you're really concerned and want regularly updated information feel free to email me, IM me, send me a PM (ON DEAD FORMAT PLEASE), or even "call me out" with a thread over there or something. I'll probably respond. Thanks!

Scott - I see one news item submitted from you on 12/28/09, sorry I didn't get around to posting it! Try again?

That's probably about the Felix Culpa record I put out, that was the last thing I submitted to DF. I know I've submitted stuff before that, though. Or maybe I'm hallucinating.

• 2 months later...
I'm such a shitty dude/flake/dick

http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/index.php?topic=110154.0

Apparently the Fake Boys LP and split 7" with Arms Aloft are no longer being released by Dead Format, and the dude was full of shit the whole time. Awesome.

Now to wait for a refund... ( ::) )