new Leatherface, SBB 7" & Lifetime JBD up!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is more of a fan of No Idea's continued low prices. My point is that this record doesn't follow the normal No Idea pricing convention.

That´s because the LEATHERFACE 2xLP doesn't follow the normal No Idea packaging convention.

"Twelve songs spread over four sides, cut at maximum volume and fidelity in glorious 45 RPM on RED VINYL!! Full-color pocket sleeve, jacket, and labels. Screenprinted accents on jacket. Bonus tour poster and sticker. This pressing is LIMITED to 500 copies!!"

No one is more of a fan of No Idea's continued low prices. My point is that this record doesn't follow the normal No Idea pricing convention.

That´s because the LEATHERFACE 2xLP doesn't follow the normal No Idea packaging convention.

"Twelve songs spread over four sides, cut at maximum volume and fidelity in glorious 45 RPM on RED VINYL!! Full-color pocket sleeve, jacket, and labels. Screenprinted accents on jacket. Bonus tour poster and sticker. This pressing is LIMITED to 500 copies!!"

If it were packaged the way No Idea records USED to be (a la HWM/Tomorrow split) I'd pay the $18 no problem. This doesn't sound nearly as fancy. I graduated high school 17 years ago, I don't need a sticker and a poster.

I like the idea of it being on two 45's but if it's pressed at United, it will probably sound pretty mediocre, regardless.

I graduated high school 17 years ago, I don't need a sticker and a poster. .

I wish labels would stop with the poster business. I dont think I've ever once hung a poster that has come with a record. Also hardly a selling point for me if im on the fence about picking something up.

agreed about the poster as a selling point, but usually I just "re-gift" the posters I get in my personal mailorders anyway...so if you've gotten orders from me and you were thinking, why the fuck did he send me a No Use For a Name poster? That is why.

a Leatherface poster however...i'll probably hang up.

Double lp's easily cost the equivalent of $35 til $45 (or sometimes even more) in stores where I live, so I'm quite ok with the $18 price tag. A single lp is often $25 og $30, so even with postage from the US, getting my stuff there will end up cheaper.

And I have eternal gratitude to all the labels & distros who mark down the value of the packages & mark them as gifts on the customs declaration, which results in just a few shippings each year getting caught and taxed.

Right on the mark... the tour poster and other junk is just a friendly gesture, some stuff to have and do what you will. It's like $1.50 worth of stuff, tops. It's not a 24"x36" screen-printed art piece. It's not an electric buttflap. It's just little things thrown in to be cool. The records are THE thing. Want 'em or don't want 'em. Weep when they are $60 or wait until they are $8 at 33 RPM. The 45 RPM version presents a notable bump in loudness and high/low end clarity. That said, the 33 RPM version is also good. The 2xLP is for crazy band freaks and folks who have been listening to the band for 20 years and somehow still do not have a copy of Minx on vinyl. Anyone else should wait. I say that against my own best interest which is to play up how awesome the 2xLP is and get you to order one, right? At the end of the day, this is my tip of the hat to a great band. No lines to read between. If I really wanted to hose you, I would have put up 10 versions on the same day. (Or three, hahahohe...zzzzzzzzzzz....) You will notice that the shirt is not mandatory, for example. If you think $18 is too much, consider that the ORIGINAL list of what would come with the pre-order would have made it around $40. (Yeah, that's what SHE said.)

None of the costs involved with the making of this record are licensing fees and the like. The thing is expensive to make, period. That and I am giving a nice-sized box of copies to the band. If all goes well, I will then escape on my bat-powered helicopter and never wake up before 10 AM again.

I hate you all, but mostly the glassy-eyed dood over there with cheeto stains on his keyboard. That guy is a squid.

-- P.S.: If you don't like THIS pre-order, then you should definitely avoid looking at our mainpage for the next 2 weeks or so. For real.

Right on the mark... the tour poster and other junk is just a friendly gesture, some stuff to have and do what you will. It's like $1.50 worth of stuff, tops. It's not a 24"x36" screen-printed art piece. It's not an electric buttflap. It's just little things thrown in to be cool. The records are THE thing. Want 'em or don't want 'em. Weep when they are $60 or wait until they are $8 at 33 RPM. The 45 RPM version presents a notable bump in loudness and high/low end clarity. That said, the 33 RPM version is also good. The 2xLP is for crazy band freaks and folks who have been listening to the band for 20 years and somehow still do not have a copy of Minx on vinyl. Anyone else should wait. I say that against my own best interest which is to play up how awesome the 2xLP is and get you to order one, right? At the end of the day, this is my tip of the hat to a great band. No lines to read between. If I really wanted to hose you, I would have put up 10 versions on the same day. (Or three, hahahohe...zzzzzzzzzzz....) You will notice that the shirt is not mandatory, for example. If you think $18 is too much, consider that the ORIGINAL list of what would come with the pre-order would have made it around $40. (Yeah, that's what SHE said.)

None of the costs involved with the making of this record are licensing fees and the like. The thing is expensive to make, period. That and I am giving a nice-sized box of copies to the band. If all goes well, I will then escape on my bat-powered helicopter and never wake up before 10 AM again.

I hate you all, but mostly the glassy-eyed dood over there with cheeto stains on his keyboard. That guy is a squid.

-- P.S.: If you don't like THIS pre-order, then you should definitely avoid looking at our mainpage for the next 2 weeks or so. For real.

Really, I'm just unhappy that I can't order the 10 different versions with something to help me imbibe alcohol.

2xLP version of the OWTH/Detournement split?

The split with Yesterdays Ring is getting flipped to fuck on ebay. Was hoping No Idea or Big Ugly Fish would get some copies, which seems unlikely and not going to pay $67+ for a copy.

If anyone is going to any of the remaining shows and is willing to pick me up a copy I'd be most grateful.

Cheers

goddamnit that sucks, I'll settle for mp3's if someone can rip the record.