PO: John Nolan - Height Vinyl

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So I got a response back a couple days ago - dude seemed pretty bummed about the whole release. He issued a refund (although I just wanted an exchange really due to the warping) and an apology. He said he didn't mean to screw anyone over and shut down the label (my email wasn't harshly worded so I think he's taken lots of crap). Kinda sad really that his heart definitely seems to be in the right place but the release turned out the way it did.

I received my copy and like most of the rest it was pretty badly warped. I played it once and it still sounds decent considering the condition, this was all a ridiculous waste of money IMO. We were sent two copies of the album, but they're labeled sides A-D? At least mine was.. Plus blank covers/no inserts to speak of... just bizarre.

On a side note I'd be willing to ship out my extra copy to anyone who wants it for free if you cover the postage. I managed to straighten out the records at least a little bit over the past couple of weeks and they're definitely at least playable. Let me know.

Couple of you got self-portraits of John, he drew me a what looks like a Charizard (yes pokemon reference) with the lyrics from Keep Calm and Carry On.

mine was just a weird shark with no lyrics or anything which in my opinion is totally lame...i wanted the legit screen cover and some tour merch

purple and blue? what?

No Idea Grey?

I ended up getting 2 copies of #54/100.

Wait, people are getting two copies of the same number? So, there are really 200 copies of the limited version of this?

I think he got 54 and 154, because I got two different numbered LP's numbered 14 and 114

Mine were definitely not labeled separately, just labeled on the blank cover and artwork 36/100. I suppose he ordered 200 copies of the purple mix by mistake or something and decided to make up for his other shortcomings by throwing in two copies. Definitely a disappointment.

• 3 weeks later...

Well my record was never sent and when I'd emailed David (The Ambitious Guest), he advised he would refund my money, that was over a month ago and after three emails from me since I've heard absolutely nothing.

I think I'm going to have to chalk this one down to a loss. This guy should be truly ashamed of his conduct from beginning through end on this whole deal.

• 1 year later...