what are your political beliefs?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like some of them either, particularly the questions that included "some", but what did you not like about them?

The "some" questions could be tricky, and I think there were some instances where terms were kind of muddied together:

"There are no savage and civilised peoples; there are only different cultures."

People ≠ Culture

That might not be the best example, but it stuck out looking back.

That little S at the end of peoples makes a big difference. I don't know if they are completely interchangeable, but I'd say they are synonyms.

Everyone should do whatever he /she wants. Your life, your choice. If you want to be anti everything do it, if you want to join the Army because you think there is a reason, do it. I would consider myself kinda left wing but I do not agree with radical thoughts because most of the left wing people over here seem to forget that the "Bad Americans" saved us in the 2nd world war. It makes no sense to have a radical political stance

The only thing I do not respect is BLIND patriotism

I am not a Fox basher, but the Doocys/Fox and Friends et al. are the worst.

I think Fox panders to their core audience, just as MSNBC panders to their core audience.

But yeah, Fox and Friends sucks donkey balls.

My scores:

Economic Left/Right: -7.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77

I think Fox panders to their core audience, just as MSNBC panders to their core audience.

But yeah, Fox and Friends sucks donkey balls.

My scores:

Economic Left/Right: -7.25

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77

Exactly.

Everyone should do whatever he /she wants. Your life, your choice. If you want to be anti everything do it, if you want to join the Army because you think there is a reason, do it. I would consider myself kinda left wing but I do not agree with radical thoughts because most of the left wing people over here seem to forget that the "Bad Americans" saved us in the 2nd world war. It makes no sense to have a radical political stance

The only thing I do not respect is BLIND patriotism

I have never met a liberal who thinks "Bad Americans" saved us in WWII. Nor have I ever met a liberal who was or is against WWII.

I would venture a guess more people are against the war than are against the soldiers. That's my personal stance on the issue.

Fair, I can mostly agree to that. However, MSNBC doesn't pretend about what they really are and Fox does. Further, I've seen MSNBC hosts call out Dems, Republicans, and Independents alike. Fox does not do that either.

So while Fox and MSNBC do cater to different audiences specifically, Fox does it in much less respectful and often dishonest way.