Happy 311 Day!

Love for 311 on this board is scarce...but I gotta show some love. I should be in Vegas right now getting ready for the greatest show of my lifetime, but the people I was going with bailed, so I had to sell my tickets.

I just made a mix to play at work tonight. There's actually some people at my work who love 311, so it should be an ok night.

Let's commemorate this day by putting on some 311 (Love Song does not count, by the way).

Peace, love, and unity

Love for 311 on this board is scarce...

is it weird that i thought about you today at work when i wrote the date?

here's an interesting story: the first CD i ever bought with my own money was 311's s/t album. i was on vacation in Boston with my family and we were going to all these historical places. all day every day. it was more like a field trip than a vacation. and i've got no problem with that, i love learning shit, but sometimes when you're 8 years old you need a break. so we're walking down the street and i see a music store and i'm like "mom can i go in?"

so i'm browsing and i finally decide on 311. i asked if i could get it and she goes "we come all the way to Boston and that's what you're going to get? you're not going to buy a souvenir or something to remember this trip by?" and i go "it's my money, what's the difference what i buy if it's what i want? and i'll always remember i got this in boston!!!" she rolled her eyes and said fine, but with a "you won't remember 3 weeks from now that you got this in boston" look on her face. i guess i showed her!

also, there was this super hot older girl that lived in my neighborhood and when i found out she liked 311, i learned how to play "uncalm" on guitar, even though i didn't have my own guitar yet. a couple weeks later she flashed me. it was awesome. i'm pretty sure that's when i decided i was going to learn how to play guitar. now she's married to some british dude. i guess i showed her, too.

Love for 311 on this board is scarce...

is it weird that i thought about you today at work when i wrote the date?

here's an interesting story: the first CD i ever bought with my own money was 311's s/t album. i was on vacation in Boston with my family and we were going to all these historical places. all day every day. it was more like a field trip than a vacation. and i've got no problem with that, i love learning shit, but sometimes when you're 8 years old you need a break. so we're walking down the street and i see a music store and i'm like "mom can i go in?"

so i'm browsing and i finally decide on 311. i asked if i could get it and she goes "we come all the way to Boston and that's what you're going to get? you're not going to buy a souvenir or something to remember this trip by?" and i go "it's my money, what's the difference what i buy if it's what i want? and i'll always remember i got this in boston!!!" she rolled her eyes and said fine, but with a "you won't remember 3 weeks from now that you got this in boston" look on her face. i guess i showed her!

also, there was this super hot older girl that lived in my neighborhood and when i found out she liked 311, i learned how to play "uncalm" on guitar, even though i didn't have my own guitar yet. a couple weeks later she flashed me. it was awesome. i'm pretty sure that's when i decided i was going to learn how to play guitar. now she's married to some british dude. i guess i showed her, too.

Yeah, but we saved their ass back in WW2.

Ahhh good to see some people who dig 311 in here. The show is streaming here:

http://www.311.com/311daywebcast

They just played their second set and now they're taking a break....3rd set should start soon. They've played a few rarites....Brodels, Loco, Sun Come Through, Livin and Rockin, Uncalm...not sure if any of you are familiar with their songs, but some of those songs haven't been played in like 10 years. Brodels was actually retired about 6 or 7 years ago and supposedly they weren't ever going to play it again. I guess 311 Day is the exception.

And Dan, yes...pretty weird, but it an awesome way.

eric, i don't get why you ever changed your user name. 311thrice, never forget.

Seriously.

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard as the time someone made a thread about the influx of board members with shitty names, and for example he used 311thrice. Then you quoted him and thanked him. Shit cracked me the fuck up.

I have crazy 311 love and I was super bummed that I missed my first 311 day in 8 years and it would have been by 42nd show oh well though I just could not afford it this year it was cool to see they actually played slinky but overall with all the times I have seen them it seems ok that I had to pass on this one next one will hopefully be back in NO and ill be there for sure.

I have crazy 311 love and I was super bummed that I missed my first 311 day in 8 years and it would have been by 42nd show oh well though I just could not afford it this year it was cool to see they actually played slinky but overall with all the times I have seen them it seems ok that I had to pass on this one next one will hopefully be back in NO and ill be there for sure.

Run on sentence?