So I just got done watching The Lord of the Rings

Randal Graves: All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."

Hobbit Lover: Oh, Star Wars geek.

Randal Graves: Oh, I'm the geek? Look at you two whipping out your preciouses.

Elias: You'll have to excuse him, he's not "down" with the trilogy.

Randal Graves: Oh, what the fuck happened to this world? There's only one trilogy, you fucking morons.

Hobbit Lover: You know what, maybe we should start calling your friend Padme, 'cause he loves Manakin Skywalker so much, right?

[in robot voice]

Hobbit Lover: Danger danger, my name is Anakin. My shitty acting is ruining saga.

Elias: [chucking] Yeah, you're crazy Jar-Jar.

Randal Graves: Oh, I'm crazy? Those fuckin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a fucking volcano.

Randal Graves: And what's with that gay fucking look, I thought Sam was going to saunter over Frodo and suck his fucking cock. Now that would have been an Academy Award worthy ending.

Hobbit Lover: Hey faggot, Sam and Frodo aren't gay! Their hobbits!

Randal Graves: And then after the Frodo and Sam suckfest, just before the credits roll, Sam straight up fucking bricks in Frodo's mouth.

An ex-girlfriend was really into these movies...she'd watch them constantly...when Return of the King came out, our local theater ran the first two movies and then Return at midnight as a special screening...so yeah, all 3 damn movies back-to-back in a theater...my ass was numb by the end of the night...

Now every time any of these movies are on, I get reminded of that heartless bitch....but I'm not bitter still or anything...

still think peter jackson did a fantastic job with the translation from book to movie, and the visuals are spectacular. overall a great trilogy.

I agree. I don't think anyone could have done more justice to the books. There is so much detail in the books there is no way you could transfer it all to the big screen. They are completely different mediums and film happens to have a fairly important time constrain. Keeping this in mind, even with each being a 4 hour movie, I think they are awesome.

i feel like watching, the star wars trilogy right now. maybe that's what i'll do with my day.

Yes. Believe it or not, I actually watched all 6 on DVD with Jess about a year ago... in 1 day.

done that before, not too bad actually since the first 3 movies are actually pretty short....i think it lasts about as long as 3 LOTR movies