Photos: MURDER BY DEATH "Good Morning, Magpie" (Fa

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

You have to laugh when the simple version of a release is a pressing on 200 gram colored vinyl in a full color inner sleeve. While I do agree that the fancy version is indeed fancy, the simple version looks and sounds fantastic. Let's start with the photos of the fancy version: Gatefold jacket with glued 10 page booklet, a fold out poster of a fantastic photo of the entire band, a sticker, a feather, and a pressing on 200 gram blue vinyl. I almost forgot to add that the LP jacket is embossed. Yes, the record was expensive, but I could not even begin to imagine the cost of this pressing. The simple version is in a standard LP jacket, has a full color inner sleeve, and the vinyl is pressed on 200 gram orange vinyl.

The fancy version is sold out through Vinyl Collective, but we still have copies of the Simple version. If you pre-ordered the fancy version, your copies have already been shipped. The simple version will begin shipping tomorrow.

Kudos to Murder by Death for always paying close attention to every detail with their vinyl releases. Not sure if everyone knows, but Murder by Death self-releases all of their vinyl.

What's everyone think of the album so far? I have only listened to it a few times, but I am really digging what I hear.

[image]

[image]

[image]

[image]

Anyone know where to get the blue press of the fancy version for a price comparable to the band's site? I found it on Interpunk but it's $35.

I'm seeing them tonight - I might be able to pick one up for you as I'm sure it'll be at a great price if they have it at the merch table. Do you want me to grab one and then you can paypal me tomorrow if I end up getting it? I'd only charge you the cost + shipping.

I was looking for this at my local record store today just to see if they had it and they didnt. I didnt realize that they put the vinyl out themselves. Must be quite the audiophiles if they press the simple one on 200 gram vinyl. I listened to it a few times and like it quite a bit, but still far from the best that they have done.

I'm seeing them tonight - I might be able to pick one up for you as I'm sure it'll be at a great price if they have it at the merch table. Do you want me to grab one and then you can paypal me tomorrow if I end up getting it? I'd only charge you the cost + shipping.
Sorry I just checked back here this morning. If you picked one up for me, great! If not, no big deal I think I'll get the green 2nd press. Let me know. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm actually happy now that I decided to get the green fancy version. I have the first press of Red Of Tooth And Claw and it's on a very similar color to the blue fancy version. The green should complement the reds and oranges of the album artwork nicely.

Have you received this yet? I really want to see a picture of it. I want the fancy version, but wasn't crazy about the blue. I feel like I would prefer orange to green right now, but am curious.