Whole Foods not organic?

why?

they treat their employees like shit :-[

This is true. I know someone who works there (Whole Foods...thought that was what maria's post was about...my bad), and all they do is complain about how they get treated like shit, despite the fact that they have won TWO contests (raising money for charity...they got to go to Peru already, now they get to go to Guatamala) at their store within the past year. Luckily, they put in for a transfer already.

Whole Foods has an illegal monopoly in the United States. Their merger with Wild Oats was a clear violation of the Sherman Act. Our government has failed us.

The products sold by Whole Foods are mostly good, yet ridiculously expensive for the reasons mentioned above. Organic, not organic, it largely does not matter.

i read an article online about how walmart actually has better locally grown organic stuff than a place like whole foods. very interesting.

I don't buy it. A few times when my g/f and I needed veggies in a pinch we bought them at Walmart. They were terrible -- lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados none of them were fresh and the avocados had a weird taste.

i read an article online about how walmart actually has better locally grown organic stuff than a place like whole foods. very interesting.

I don't buy it. A few times when my g/f and I needed veggies in a pinch we bought them at Walmart. They were terrible -- lettuce, tomatoes, and avocados none of them were fresh and the avocados had a weird taste.

not all of the things purchased in that article were better, i guess, and i really have no opinion either way. we don't have a whole foods even close to me, so i just go to the chain grocery store here (giant) 95% of the time. the jist of the article i posted was that since walmart has such an extensive system of warehouses, etc, they're better able to deal with smaller, local produce growers and transport things to be fresh as opposed to whole foods, who simply can't. despite popular views, walmart is doing a lot more to support locally grown products than people realize, according to the author.