Green Day Screws Over NY/NJ Punk Bands

This is a release, that one of our bands bass players Clay Aloy (Ex Lower Class Brats, Current F Bombers) Asked me to pass around to anyone that may remotely care..

This happened about 20 minutes ago.

Green Day Screws Over Punk Band

Thursday April 22nd 2010. I just received a call from the band Hona Lee informing us the show we had been promoting at Don Hill's (located at 511 Greenwich Street New York, NY 10013-1314) for Friday April 23rd had been taken over by a band called Foxboro Hot Tubs, aka Green Day. according to Hona Lee, this four band show including Hona Lee, Midnight Cobras, Killed by the Bull and F-bombers would continue without F-bombers or Killed by the Bull. These bands were to be replaced by Foxboro Hot Tubs who were a last minute addition and not ever supposed to be on this bill.

As the F-bombers bass player i was enraged to find this all out the evening before the show. we are billed as the headliners and have been promoting this show to our friends and fans as such. It is the opinion of the F-bombers that the outright hijacking of our show by Green Day's side project band is unethical as well as a down-right slap in the face to another punk rock band.

I feel this story needs to be told to any and all fans of green day and also to those who attend shows at Don Hill's. They should be made aware the nature of this band and/or venue they support and the amoral actions taken by the band's members and booking agent, not to mention those at Don Hill's who are responsible for allowing this underhanded kind of business practice to take place.

The F-bombers will be at Don Hill's tomorrow night to protest the actions of the aforementioned parties. We encourage all who agree with our position on this matter to join us. We will not take this sitting down and will not give in without a fight.

Sincerely,

Clay Aloy, F-bombers

yeah this reeks of the venue wanting money. i really doubt green day personally tried to get your band kicked off of a show so they could play. what likely happened is that green day's people contacted the venue about playing and the venue not wanting to turn down that kind of money/publicity decided to add them to the show and remove other bands.

doesn't make sense why they would remove the headliner though, were you really the headliner?