THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM American Slang Pre-order Updat

Guest admin1338560633

welp, I ordered it. the VC color better not be really cool looking bc I'm not buying two of this.

My hunch is that it will look pretty damn cool. Half black half mossy old school green is pretty enough on its own not to mention some white splatter thrown in. (or vice versa I can't remember)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm, so i waited weeks to download this, and i just bought it, so i finally broke down.

after one listen, I'm still happy with my purchase. While it is not as 'WHATTHEFUCK?!" as the '59 sound was, it is still a pretty solid album.

I'm still surprised when I hear people say how floored they were with the 59 sound.

i love (and have) their shirt with the quote and image from gangs of new york, it's one of my favorite band shirts

Same. But it's pretty much the only Gaslight shirt worth owning.

i also have the one with the record and wings which i like, and the 3/4 length baseball one which is kinda silly and i never wear it

hmm, so i waited weeks to download this, and i just bought it, so i finally broke down.

after one listen, I'm still happy with my purchase. While it is not as 'WHATTHEFUCK?!" as the '59 sound was, it is still a pretty solid album.

I'm still surprised when I hear people say how floored they were with the 59 sound.

yeah, i guess i get that. to be honest, i'm not too sure what it was about that album i fell in love with. I was really into sink or swim, but when i heard the '59 sound, there were a couple songs on there that made me feel like they had been in my head for years, and somehow another group of people set them to music. Not only that, but they had been set to the exact right music.

And before somebody says it, no, that was not because Brian Fallon shamelessly lifts lines from songs i HAD heard and loved for years, haha.

I don't think these will sell out as quickly as they did with the 59 sound. The 59 sound had one variant out of 500, this has what, three? So I think the flippers will be sadly disappointed when they buy 10 copies of each variant and the shit takes a day or two to sell out and when they are able to flip 'em, they're only getting $25 for the records.

i was going to pick a copy up from S1D but i refuse to be sold up on a package deal. if thats your thing, cool with me, but i dont need the shirt or the poster. package deals are cool but they should be optional. not everybody wants that stuff. and i dont really buy the flipper argument either. that falls right in line with the NFG $10 7" argument. no big deal, between S1D, VC, and no idea there will be plenty of copies of this to go around.

yeah, i guess i get that. to be honest, i'm not too sure what it was about that album i fell in love with. I was really into sink or swim, but when i heard the '59 sound, there were a couple songs on there that made me feel like they had been in my head for years, and somehow another group of people set them to music. Not only that, but they had been set to the exact right music.

And before somebody says it, no, that was not because Brian Fallon shamelessly lifts lines from songs i HAD heard and loved for years, haha.

Hey, what if the input is an INT or FLOAT ?.. you will need to parse it correctly.