CONVERGE - Axe To Fall LP clear tour version

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.

My fault then for assuming that the "Tour" Version of the LP would actually be the one given to me for buying the LP on the tour.

actually...it is.

if you were so hellbent on getting the clear, you probably should have taken 30 seconds to do either of the following: a. asked what color it was when you purchased it, or b. checked the record before you left.

Right. I was only half sarcastic in my post. If they did in fact have the clear I am kicking myself for not specifying.

Keep in mind that although that seems like a simple enough task now, keep in mind that picking up an LP after a converge set, you are a sweaty, dehydrated mess in a hot loud room, standing in a line/mob of 20 other sweaty kids. The desire to ask what color the LP is wasn't in my mind, I just figured it was clear and I would pick one up and bail.

Definitely more my fault than the merch dudes, or whatever, but we also have all seen bands put up a simple sign or tape on the LP or whatever that tells you what colors are avail. If they are all just sitting in a pile, you figure they are all the same.

This one can be chalked up as my bad, but it leaves a bad taste considering this is my 3rd blue copy I ended up with, the other 2 coming from me getting completely stroked back on the preorder, but no need to get off topic.

Oh well. Thanks to Tre for the update. If for some reason the band still has some at MDF, I will be first in line, and will surely ask up front what color it is.

So Juan, do you know how they're going to sell that variant? Three went up for sale already at DW, one is going to be at KingsRoad sometime this month... what about that fifth color that was supposed to be available on tour? Heard anything?

THERE ARE NO JANE DOE RECORDS CURRENTLY IN EXISTENCE ANYWHERE.

None on Converge tour.

None at DW.

None at EVR.

None at Kings Road.

EVR is getting an exclusive color.

And the band will be getting their own color for tours / shows.

But none of these are available YET.

Tre, this answers my question. Thanks for the info. When the pre-orders were first annouced Jake had said they'd have the bands exclusive color on this tour (but would most likely be sold out by the time you guys hit the west coast). You were able to clarify that you will have a tour color, but not on this current tour. That's what I was curious about.

show was great. Black Breath were the highlight, in my opinion. by far the loudest of the bunch and probably the tightest.

was not feeling Touche Amore at all. It reminds me of 90s Level Plane bands. not that that's a bad thing, just not something im into anymore.

Converge were sick. Coulda been louder. I was having a hard time picking up Nate's bass parts.

overall a great show.

They ran out of the clear LPs at the Detroit show last night.

Not sure if they just ran out for this one show, or if that's it, period. They also had the van break down in Cleveland, so I'm not sure if they just didn't bring a whole lot with them. There were a handful of shirt designs, the clear vinyl, and I think that was all. I do believe everything was $10.

Converge disas-tour? Not quite...

Hey everyone -

What a tour...

First thing:

We lost Lewd Acts due to some conflicts within the band.

Our friends Touche Amore are taking their place for a bit on the tour...

Second:

As some of you know, our van's transmission died the other day in Cleveland, OH. With our luck, it died early on a Saturday morning, making an immediate repair impossible.

We ended up ditching our van and gear and renting a minivan to make it to our Detroit and Chicago shows.

Our pal Pettibone from Heiress is sitting tight with the van in Cleveland until it's road worthy. Once it's ready to go, he will be driving to meet us so we can continue the tour. In order for him to catch up with us safely, we have been forced to pull out of the 5/10 (Lawrence, KS) and 5/11 (Denver, CO) shows.

THESE TWO SHOWS WILL CONTINUE with our friends Coalesce headlining with support from Black Breath and Touche Amore. Be sure to attend these shows and support these great bands.

We will rejoin the tour in Seattle on 5/13.

We will also look to make up these two dates later this year as well.

That's about it for now, thanks.

- Converge dudes.