BRAND NEW "DEVIL&GOD" 2XLP- TEST PRESSING CONTEST!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people bitch and moan to much. Shit happens, you will all get your records eventually. There's been a ton of records i have waited on for awhile not a huge deal.

You bitch and moan too much about people bitching and moaning about delays that happen with AFS/MTS releases.

::)

i'm still waiting on a bunch of records i ordered around or before the same time and i really could care less, because i understand that shit happens outside of the labels control.

I'm not actually worried about it. I feel bad for RJ because he is getting a lot of flack for all the delays

Yeah, the only party this whole fiasco has soured me toward is Brand New.

THIS. I fully support RJ and I feel really bad how many delays this has gone through. But i'm agreeing that I'm just about over and done with Brand New at this point. I might even sell all my copies of their pressing of this just because I know the AFS copies are gonna blow them away anyway.

True, BN seems to be acting like jackasses, but as someone pointed out, has any release from AFS or the related label been on time? Maybe there's something to this "don't put up a pre-order months in advance" thing.

Well i'm not arguing that, but look at deathwish with that jane doe repress that went up for pre-order forever ago and no one is really complaining about that not being out yet. I can't really speak for the AFS releases because this release is the first AFS one I've ordered but I've ordered a ton of stuff from MTS. Even when their releases might not have been on time, I feel like most of those were just setbacks that tend to happen with pressing records. But with this release its been brand new/management changing their minds about EVERYTHING every couple weeks. I mean wasn't it even said the original delay of this album was solely because they wanted their pressing of it to be released first? (I'm referring to the original delay for the AFS version, not the delay on their version)

True, BN seems to be acting like jackasses, but as someone pointed out, has any release from AFS or the related label been on time? Maybe there's something to this "don't put up a pre-order months in advance" thing.

Well i'm not arguing that, but look at deathwish with that jane doe repress that went up for pre-order forever ago and no one is really complaining about that not being out yet.

you clearly have not read the last 6 pages of that thread.

Well i'm not arguing that, but look at deathwish with that jane doe repress that went up for pre-order forever ago and no one is really complaining about that not being out yet.

you clearly have not read the last 6 pages of that thread.

no you're right, i actually haven't read any of it haha. but what i was more so getting at was that a lot of bigger labels like that have delays with their pre-orders as well, but I feel like its never made as big a deal out of as this one has been(but it is brand new so i guess that would explain it haha). that was just an example of a recent pre-order i knew of that was taking a while to come out(but maybe not the best example to use). but pretty much all i was trying to say is that the delays/problems like waiting on artwork, changing pressing plants, etc. all would've been done and over with by now if brand new hadn't been changing everything on RJ. Like think about if RJ didn't have to wait on and deal with all the changes/bullshit they've been pulling I feel like we probably all would have this in hand already.

and the whole its not another delay/it is another delay is just splitting hairs. its not coming out when it was scheduled to so call it pushed back, delayed, on track, whatever. i just don't see the point in nitpicking the way its worded. ::)

You guys seem to be giving AFS a lot of slack considering they consciously delayed the release by moving to a different plant after getting test pressings done, because the first plant couldn't get all of the EIGHT COLORS that this is being pressed on perfectly.

This could have been solved in 5 minutes, just tell the plant:

solid black is still black (that is, if the plant will do black)

black/blue swirl is now dark blue

orange/black swirl is now orange

solid white is still white

solid purple is still purple

red/black swirl is now dark red

blue/white swirl is now light blue

orange/white swirl is now orange

Problem solved, needless several-week delay avoided. Besides, it's not like the different colors are going to be seen when these things are in their proper place: framed on a wall.

You guys seem to be giving AFS a lot of slack considering they consciously delayed the release by moving to a different plant after getting test pressings done, because the first plant couldn't get all of the EIGHT COLORS that this is being pressed on perfectly.

This could have been solved in 5 minutes, just tell the plant:

solid black is still black (that is, if the plant will do black)

black/blue swirl is now dark blue

orange/black swirl is now orange

solid white is still white

solid purple is still purple

red/black swirl is now dark red

blue/white swirl is now light blue

orange/white swirl is now orange

Problem solved, needless several-week delay avoided. Besides, it's not like the different colors are going to be seen when these things are in their proper place: framed on a wall.

If AFS did that, people would be bitching about the vinyl colors changing (more so than simply another delay). So bottom line, you're damned if you do, you're especially damned if you work with brand new. ;D

I think they did the right thing in delaying it. Ethically you shouldn't advertise a product and at the last minute decide "eh fuck it they'll take what we give em" and distribute variants people didn't order. If I ordered blue/black and just got solid blue I would be pretty pissed bc that's not what I ordered. If you ordered a pinstripe shirt and got a solid one wouldn't you return it?

I think they did the right thing in delaying it. Ethically you shouldn't advertise a product and at the last minute decide "eh fuck it they'll take what we give em" and distribute variants people didn't order. If I ordered blue/black and just got solid blue I would be pretty pissed bc that's not what I ordered. If you ordered a pinstripe shirt and got a solid one wouldn't you return it?

yeah I'm interested to see what the new colors are