Against Me acoustic on MTV

ps

So I was watching a wonderful show called the Hills on MTV with my lovely wife, I noticed Against Me was playing an acoustic set at a pub as the in-between-shitty-shows-band-promotional-thingy they do. (much like to one they did for Minus the Bear a few months back). They were playing "thrash unreal" full band acoustic... sparked my interest. I wonder if they recorded a full acoustic set, I would like to hear it. Anybody else forced to watch the Hills see this as well?

My girlfriend said "your music is on mtv" and I think they were playing the video during the end credits. She continues to watch The Hills despite my insistence that I really don't want it on any of my TVs, even if I'm not in the room. Oh well.

I always thought that if the mainstream ever even sniffed Against Me, they'd be massive right off the bat, kind of like that fucking Delilah song. Especially with a song as catchy as Thrash Unreal.

They're opening for the Foos on the East Coast too, there's a show in Worcester.

In Boston a couple of weeks ago they did a Miller Lite and radio station sponsored holiday show with Spoon, Mute Math and the Cold War Kids...

did you go to that? i was thinking about it but the tickets were expensive!

i didn't realize they were opening, otherwise i would've considered getting tickets just to see what that was like. i can only imagine how they'd structure a set list for foo fighters fans.

"this one goes out to all the bros wearing polo t's out there -- you might have heard this song on the radio!"

i love foo fighters. i dont know if they'd talk.

maybe they're going through the same thing as jawbreaker.

sign with a major after being adamant about not doing so.

release a record that most people hate (but is revered some years after it's released).

tour with foo fighters.

break up.

only time will tell...

They're opening for the Foos on the East Coast too, there's a show in Worcester.

In Boston a couple of weeks ago they did a Miller Lite and radio station sponsored holiday show with Spoon, Mute Math and the Cold War Kids...

did you go to that? i was thinking about it but the tickets were expensive!

Nah, but a couple of my friends did. They had orchestra seats and said they were surrounded by suits. AM! played and hardly anyone stood up around them. And Tom made some comment like "I guess this is what we have to do to get on the radio."

BTW: Are you going to Smoke Or Fire/Fake Problems at the Middle East on March 1?

I know they did an acoustic set not too long ago, and I know they got it professionally filmed, but I'm not sure if it was MTV or not. The set list was...

Joy (just tom out on stage...one spotlight...very tight)

What We Worked For (****in RULED)

Walking is Still Honest

New Wave

Tonight we're gonna give it 35%

Dont Lose Touch

Impact

Reinventing Axl Rose

Thrash Unreal

Sink, Florida, Sink

Unsubstantiated Rumors are good enough to base your life upon

The Ocean

Those Anarcho Punxs are Mysterious (upright base, so tight)

Pints of Guinness(upright base again)

Baby I'm an Anarchist (just tom and James...just unbelievable)

Wagon Wheel ( just tom and james again...can't believe they played this)

8 Full Hours of Sleep (just tom, one spotlight....****in AWESOME)

MTV has a program called "5252" -- 52 bands in 52 weeks. Minus The Bear already did it, too. They basically bumper every show on the channel with either live footage, acoustic stuff, "backstage antics," etc. At least they're sort of playing music on the channel again...

and a decent percentage have actually been good artists, a couple more i remember them doing were aesop rock and tegan and sara