Mad Caddies Greatest Hit 2xLP

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be way more stoked on a 7" with new songs than buying a greatest hits record with a few unreleased bits on it.

also while on this topic, there's a good chance Mad Caddies will be contributing a song to the Ska Is Dead 7" series Flood and I are putting out later this year. Not finalized yet, but it's something I have been discussing with Sascha.

No Macho Nachos on this album is shameful.

I brought a friend who never really listened to any ska to the show that ended up being the Songs In The Key Of Eh live album, and he wanted to leave after Choke played. We were both mostly there to see Choke anyways, but I wanted to stay and watch the Caddies 'cause it had been a really, really long time since I had seen them and I thought if he saw them live, he might like them.

To say he liked them would be a huge understatement. He couldn't believe how good they sounded and how tight they were. Neither of us had any idea they were recording an album when we showed up at the show, so it was a pretty nice surprise.

That said, I would never buy this Greatest Hits album because I have all of their albums on vinyl already and I can't justify a 2xLP for two songs.

I'd be way more stoked on a 7" with new songs than buying a greatest hits record with a few unreleased bits on it.

also while on this topic, there's a good chance Mad Caddies will be contributing a song to the Ska Is Dead 7" series Flood and I are putting out later this year. Not finalized yet, but it's something I have been discussing with Sascha.

7" = Good Idea

Ska is Dead Series = Good Idea

Best of Albums = Terrible Idea

They should skip this and just press "Keep it Going" on double vinyl.

They should skip this and just press "Keep it Going" on double vinyl.

I forgot people liked that album.

I think it's one of their finest since it touches on the "softcore" tendencies of their first album as opposed to the punk/rock influences of later albums. I'm rather surprised at the negative reactions to it.

so pumped for this. Wish fat would do some classic represses with mad caddies, Maybe rock the plank and duck & cover. Will be buying this

But Rock the Plank is awful. Duck and Cover yeah...that record was/is rad, but man RTP sucked.

I'll need to give it another listen, you might be right, it's literally been years since I gave it a listen, though I never actually owned that one...

Both the trombone and bass player from The Johnstones are super rad dudes. I've never met the other members though.

Being rad dudes and having a good band are two seperate things though.

There all super rad dudes. You can't say that Word is Bond isn't a good album. There new music is pretty shitty but Word is Bond is one of my favorite albums.