Red Dead Redemption

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, the map you start with isn't the whole thing? I already thought that was pretty huge, but if Mexico gets added in... shit that's big. I've played over 12 hours and am only about 30% or so.

You also unlock a third area which is an actual city, as well as the Great Plains and some mountainous wilderness area with snow and shit.

After spending a bit of time with this game, I have to say... it's amazing. Absolutely huge. I've only played about 6 hours and haven't accomplished very much % of the game. My main reason for this is at the beginning of the game, the missions are very far apart, and when I go riding down a trail and see a deer or something, I just hunt. I hunted for over half an hour the other day... it's incredibly fun and entertaining.

If you dislike the long travels for missions, you can either set up camp and travel, or take the stagecoach. The first few missions were a bore because I didn't realize you had the ability to travel directly to waypoints, but once I figured it out, the game really picked up. (Though there were some odd glitches involved. I usually set up camp to travel to destinations, and probably 1 in 5 times I'd arrive at my destination without my horse.)

If you dislike the long travels for missions, you can either set up camp and travel, or take the stagecoach. The first few missions were a bore because I didn't realize you had the ability to travel directly to waypoints, but once I figured it out, the game really picked up. (Though there were some odd glitches involved. I usually set up camp to travel to destinations, and probably 1 in 5 times I'd arrive at my destination without my horse.)

I actually like it. It's fun to hunt ion the way and go exploring.