where to sell old basketball cards???

hey

i was cleaning out my room and found my old basketball cards from when i was a kid

ive got a few early jordans, a HUGE bulls collection

some duncan mercer and kobe rookie cards

any ideas on where i can sell them and actually make a lil money?

ive looked on ebay but all of them are graded (on how mint they are) and those are the only ones that go for some money...

or has anyone sold theirs recently?

just sell them to dan, duh.

take pics of your Jordan cards. i've probably got most of them anyway, but the ones you dont have, i might be interested in taking them off your hands.

:)

Are you a fan of Chicago sports players of any sorts, or just Jordan? I have Jordan cards, some Bears players, I think some Cubs stuff, etc.

The nearest trash can is your best bet. Sports cards are not worth shit anymore.

Truth.

I used to be a huge "collector" when I was a kid, but pretty much got rid of all the cards I had. A few years ago, though, I was at a thrift shop, and saw a box of unopened NES trading cards, and decided to buy them for my friends' upcoming birthday. Laying near it was a sports card binder that appeared to have some pages in it already, so I grabbed that too, since I figured he'd want to set the cards up somehow. Anyways, I get home and open the binder up to find pages of Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, McGwire, Sosa, Jeter, etc. cards. I ended up keeping those, but they have just sat around ever since.

I always wonder if kids still buy them and if they are still a really huge deal to people who aren't jaded by life.

Are you a fan of Chicago sports players of any sorts, or just Jordan? I have Jordan cards, some Bears players, I think some Cubs stuff, etc.

i'm a fan of the bulls, bears, blackhawks and white sox as far as chicago teams are concerned. but i don't collect anything other than MJ cards anymore. i never collected football cards, and there's no way i would have ever bought cubs cards willingly. what kind of MJ stuff you got?

The nearest trash can is your best bet. Sports cards are not worth shit anymore.

a Strasburg rookie card just sold for $16k. that Honus Wagner card goes for millions whenever it's up for auction.

in reality, the OP's collection probably isn't worth much. if you take it to a hobby shop they will probably just give you a flat amount based on how many cards there are. they're not going to sift through looking for gems, they'll do that after they pay like 5 or 10 cents a card. your best bet is to do some research, take the time to go through them all and pick out the rarest cards, then mail them out to get graded for a small fee per card and sealed in a case with a tag stating the grade, year, maker, series and player.

not exactly true! if you have game used/auto cards/rookie/or graded cards, there is a huge market for them still! i made tons of money a few years ago buying and selling baseball cards! but honestly, unless stuff is graded, you wont get much!

i used to get Beckett price guides back in the day when i was serious about card collecting. my dad would get it for me whenever a new edition came out. i've never sent anything to them to get graded, but they would seem like a logical choice because they're a respected name and many places use their price guide as bench marks.