Leaving for tour: Recommend me books/movies/music

Californication. Rad show, will get you laid if you have ladies over. Just sayin'. No one can resist the duchovny!

You like a lot of the same shit I do so I'm sure you're already into Tom Goes To The Mayor, but I def suggest it if not.

haha actually, it's the other way around, im into californication, but have not seen tom goes to the mayor. i will check these out! thank you! no one can resist d-cov he's the man.

edit: just looked into tom goes the mayor.. tim and eric are apart of this... how did i not know of it?

haha actually, it's the other way around, im into californication, but have not seen tom goes to the mayor. i will check these out! thank you! no one can resist d-cov he's the man.

edit: just looked into tom goes the mayor.. tim and eric are apart of this... how did i not know of it?

haha yeah i figured if you loved tim and eric you'd be all over tgttm! i love it.

dexter is the best damn drama on tv imho. i would marry it if i could, but it's been mentioned several times already :) if you start that up definitely start from episode one and don't let any spoilers reach you. the first two seasons are incredible and it's worth it to stick through season 3 to get to epic season 4.

oh and if you like random funny/weird shit what about Human Giant and Whitest Kids U Know? Both are stellar. Primarily the first two seasons of WKUK though.

Think I saw a little anime mentioned in here, so I'll throw out the only one I've ever seen a full run of and coincidentally I love it. FLCL (Fooly Cooly). Such beautiful animation. I'm not at all an anime person but I saw it in high school and recently watched it again.

If you haven't seen it, check out "Runnin Down A Dream". It's a 4 hour long documentary about Tom Petty and it is fucking awesome. I watched it for the first time a few years ago on a long overnight drive in a van. I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen it since. It's so damn good and inspiring.

I totally back the Upright Citizens Brigade recommendation. Such a great fucking show!

Films: If you're into documentaries I recommend watching The Bridge. It's pretty depressing, but a great look into suicides that take place on the Golden Gate Bridge. I also really recommend There Will Be Blood. Daniel Day-Lewis is a beast in that fucking movie.

TV - A lot of them have already been mentioned that I would recommend. (Arrested Development, Modern Family, Dexter, HIMYM, House). But I would also like to add Supernatural. I know its a cheesy tv show, but I can't get enough of it.

Movies - Burn After Reading, Up In the Air, The Invention of Lying.

Music - Strung Out, A Wilhelm Scream, Propagandhi, Dillinger Escape Plan, and Heartsounds. The new Deftones album is really good too. At least, thats what I have been listening a lot of lately.

I can't believe you like Tim and Eric and have never watched Tom Goes to the Mayor. It's definitely one of my favorite shows ever. It's pretty much just Tim and Eric comedy that slightly adheres to something resembling to a plot line.

Exactly what I was thinking. I loved TGTTM, but never really cared for most of Awesome Show Great Job.

If you enjoy any JJ Abrams stuff, or X-Files type shows, you should definitely check out Fringe. I haven't seen any of season 2 yet, but season one was pretty great. Really interesting stories, a continuous plot-line, and some decent effects for a TV show.

And I left my book recommendations in the other thread...you should read that thread if you haven't already.