Thunderstorms

Guest eriathomas

Guest eriathomas

Anyone else love them?

It's storming now, but it's pretty scary. It's pitch black out, wind is blowing really good and the cloudy are moving crazy fast. Last time I saw a storm that looked like this, my car got destroyed by hail.

Guest eriathomas

I need to try to time between the heavy downpours, so I can drive to work.

The lot behind my backyard floods really bad when it storms, but thankfully it never makes it into our actually yard. It's still annoying having to mow it like a week later and it's still soaking wet.

I want my house whenever I get my own to have a covered porch for me to sit in during thunderstorms. I had one off my bedroom in Syracuse and I would pop on a record and sit on the porch watching for hours by myself.

We've been supposed to get them here for a few days now and the weather keeps pushing them back. It's pretty dark out right now though. I'm contemplating taking my dogs out or not.

Guest eriathomas
I want my house whenever I get my own to have a covered porch for me to sit in during thunderstorms. I had one off my bedroom in Syracuse and I would pop on a record and sit on the porch watching for hours by myself.

We've been supposed to get them here for a few days now and the weather keeps pushing them back. It's pretty dark out right now though. I'm contemplating taking my dogs out or not.

I used to sit out on our porch when I was younger and watch the storms, but for the last few years it's been covered in firewood.

I wouldn't be suprised if you guys get hit by this line of storms too. It was heading NE last I check.

I love them, but I loved them more before I bought a house in the woods that's almost entirely surrounded by very big trees on three sides. Two years ago the upper third of a massive tree got sheared off by a huge wind gust and when it fell, it basically covered my entire backyard and brushed up against our deck. If it was about 10 feet closer to the house, it probably would have sawed the thing into two.

we get thunderstorms just about every afternoon around 3-5pm and its annoying. I like the rain most of the time but it only rains for like 20-45 mins and then it gets really humid and gross. Plus it always happens around rush hour and for as much as it rains in florida people never seem to know how to drive in it.

we get thunderstorms just about every afternoon around 3-5pm and its annoying. I like the rain most of the time but it only rains for like 20-45 mins and then it gets really humid and gross. Plus it always happens around rush hour and for as much as it rains in florida people never seem to know how to drive in it.

No joke, I thought people in Florida drove poorly until I moved to Alabama. This is the big leagues of terrible drivers, especially in the rain. Consider yourself lucky.

Guest eriathomas

When I got to work right as the really strong downpour was just ending, we got 5 or 6 calls on a stretch of 77 where people got rear ended. People can't drive worth a shit in the rain.

lurve. pure unadulterated lurve.

...until my electricity goes out on one of these disgustingly hot, humid nights that is.

i'll open my blinds no matter what hour of the day just to watch the rain run down the panes. the lightning storms have been fucking intense with it being so warm lately too! pretty much the ONLY saving grace of a hot texas summer.