KRAZYFEST to return in 2011(!)(?)(!!!)

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fill in a youngster as to what this is?

Late 90's\early 00's 3 day music fest in Louisville, KY. It was pretty awesome. I think it was originally run by Initial Records? Saw bands like The Enkindals, Metroshifter, Converge, Poison the Well, Boy Sets Fire, Hot Water Music, Avail, Alkaline Trio, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan and tons more... It was the first kinda of indie\punk\hardcore fest I ever went to. I got to go to 4, 5, and 6.

The reason I heard they quit doing it was because the insurance cost got to high. I'm sure there were other reasons too, but that was the reason I think they mentioned.

Because we didn't have Krazyfest to go to any more, we started going to The Fest every year.

Saw bands like The Enkindals, Metroshifter, Converge, Poison the Well, Boy Sets Fire, Hot Water Music, Avail, Alkaline Trio, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan and tons more...

Not just Dillinger Escape Plan themselves...Dillinger Escape Plan with Sean Ingrahm (of Coalesce) on vocals...and they covered Nirvana during the set. Wow.

Saw bands like The Enkindals, Metroshifter, Converge, Poison the Well, Boy Sets Fire, Hot Water Music, Avail, Alkaline Trio, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan and tons more...

Not just Dillinger Escape Plan themselves...Dillinger Escape Plan with Sean Ingrahm (of Coalesce) on vocals...and they covered Nirvana during the set. Wow.

This was one of the best times I have ever had at a show!!

when it rained so hard on saturday of KF4 that they had to lower the roof of the stage so they could use brooms to push the water off of it.. it was fucking AWESOME. During botch's set I got kicked in the chest so hard I cracked two ribs and had to sleep sitting up at our hotel.

Krazyfest Hotel.

I saw artwork for Krazyfest 7 and it incorporated lucky 7's, dice and cards from what I recall. I then heard that Krazyfest was no longer happening because the owner of Initial Records had to file for bankruptcy because he lost all of his money gambling, which caused Initial to close which caused the fest to not happen.

also, remember how they filmed all of the bands for a DVD release every year that never came out? would kill to see the AWK set, that set was ABSOLUTELY INSANE.

another thing, I think it was krazyfest 5? But Mark Brickey was the MC (again), and he did a Chris Carraba look alike contest which my friend Matt went up for. He looks nothing like chris, and when asked what he wanted to say he made this expression like he was going to scream like a girl, then stopped, and just said something abolustely stupid like "i love you mark". he also stuck his gut out real far when they did the profile look, my brother and I were laughing so hard!

easily, krazyfest was the best time ever, and if it happens again, natalie and I will be going.

That AWK set was awesome!

I forgot about the Chris Caraba look alike contest too!

I think it was at #4 and Avail played on a Friday. The band was leaving that night or the next morning, but Tim didn't want to go home. He found a place to stay and a ride back to Virginia while they were still playing their set. I got to hang out with him at The Mag Bar that night too.

Such a good time... I really hope they can do this again and make it as fun as it used to be.

I think it was at #4 and Avail played on a Friday. The band was leaving that night or the next morning, but Tim didn't want to go home. He found a place to stay and a ride back to Virginia while they were still playing their set. I got to hang out with him at The Mag Bar that night too.

Such a good time... I really hope they can do this again and make it as fun as it used to be.

fridays line up was

Avail

Hot Water Music

Small Brown Bike

Planes Mistaken For Stars

Pfadndlyt (no clue what their name was other than it was weird)

Mark Brickey's band opened

might have been the best line up for one show, ever.

also, scott, what also ruled about that gas station were the 84 OZ travel mugs you could buy.

I also think that Krazyfest had the best of what every other fest at the time had to offer, and none of the bullshit.

awesome atmosphere (what furnacefest had)

awesome bands (what hellfest had)

awesome location (what all other fests lacked)

another awesome memory, watching the singer from DEP throw guitar cabs into the Ohio River after/during? their set, and then being forced to wade out into the river to make the cabs sink.

fridays line up was

Avail

Hot Water Music

Small Brown Bike

also, scott, what also ruled about that gas station were the 84 OZ travel mugs you could buy.

I think that band was called Pflanz. I still have their demo. You also forgot The Story So Far, who played Friday. Holy Angels (which was Brickey's band) had "van trouble" and ended up getting their slot pushed to between SBB and HWM. "Van trouble" for a hometown band? BS.

God, that was one of the best sets I have ever seen. I think my jaw was open the entire time.

I got knocked out during Boy Sets Fire, got drunker than shit with some bands at the Fest hotel, and saw WAY too many bands to remember.

I miss Krazy Fest way too much.

fridays line up was

Avail

Hot Water Music

Small Brown Bike

I think that band was called Pflanz. I still have their demo. You also forgot The Story So Far, who played Friday. Holy Angels (which was Brickey's band) had "van trouble" and ended up getting their slot pushed to between SBB and HWM. "Van trouble" for a hometown band? BS.

i am pretty sure that holy angels were from buffalo/toronto, not louisville. i also booked them twice in erie, they had a horrible van so that makes sense, but I do remember them being moved later, they really were not that good.

i forgot the story so far because that was when I was going around all of the merch tables and distros. i found a fucking champs CD that evening and seriously made my day.

i am pretty sure that holy angels were from buffalo/toronto, not louisville. i also booked them twice in erie, they had a horrible van so that makes sense, but I do remember them being moved later, they really were not that good.

i forgot the story so far because that was when I was going around all of the merch tables and distros. i found a fucking champs CD that evening and seriously made my day.

I got to Friday's show a little late... ended up missing The Story So Far and Small Brown Bike. I was super bummed but at least I got to see Avail and HWM. That's how I had to rationalize it to myself...

I just think it's ridiculous that in one weekend I saw:

Boy Sets Fire

Avail

Dillinger Escape Plan

Further Seems Forever

Alkaline Trio

Saves The Day

Dashboard Confessional

Elliott

Botch

Converge

Poison The Well

Small Brown Bike

Bane

Stretch Arm Strong

American Nightmare

and more.

Nothing will ever live up to their lineups.