Minus the Bear Planet of Ice dbl LP Final VC repre

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

With all the excitement of Minus the Bear's latest album, "Omni", it was decided that we should repress "Planet of Ice". After discussing it with our friends at Suicide Squeeze, we have decided to do one final repress of this incredible album. Note that after this final pressing, Suicide Squeeze will sometime in the future repress the album themselves. While, we will be sad to no longer have a hand in the vinyl for this album, we have been honored to have been a part of such a fantastic album. It's actually funny to look back on how we got the license to press this album. We had originally asked Suicide Squeeze to allow us to license the vinyl for Interpretaciones Del Oso and they said no. A month later, they asked us if we would be into pressing "Planet of Ice". It was kind of like asking for a dollar, being denied, and then being asked the following week if I would like a hundred dollars. We were so stoked.

Truth be told, we have tried for a little time now to get this repress underway, but as is the case with lots of other pressings, we have run into a few hiccups with this record. We had originally pressed this album through Record Pressing/GZ, did a repress through Pirates Press/GZ, and was told that Record Pressing would have the stampers when we inquired about the repress. When all started to move forward, the stampers were nowhere to be found so new stampers needed to be made. Those of you who have any of the previous pressings of Planet of Ice will notice some pretty noticeable differences between those earlier pressings and this final VC pressing. I won't let the cat out of the bag as you will have to find out for yourself. That said, the new test pressings sound amazing and no one will be disappointed at the final product.

This final pressing will be pressed out of an edition of 1,000 copies over 2 colors. One color will be a Clear Granite which I had never seen before and will look so nice. The other color, I am trying to think of what would make for a suitable final color. We have done Clear w/ Magenta splatter, Clear w/ Silver Splatter, Silver, White w/ Silver Splatter, Clear w/ Gold Splatter, White, Pink, and Cokebottle Blue. Note that Record Pressing doesn't do anything too crazy, but they do have some interesting options. Give me a good suggestion and I might do it. They do have a Frosty Blue which we did the most recent Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground on. What do you think? I know that some of you will say black vinyl or 180 gram vinyl, I am pretty sure that Suicide Squeeze will do this when they get around to pressing the album.

A very short-lived pre-order will be announced for next week. We will offer a small number of sets of both colors for those of you have have picked up every variant so far. Juan, do you have a photo of all of your copies of Planet of Ice? If so, email it to me. thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admin
Cash Grab Green splatter

as always, it is really great to hear you chime in. Your comments are so insightful. If I remember correctly, you are in a band. If your band put out a record and it was out of print, I would think you would want to repress it so that fans who never got it can get it. While sure, there will be a total of 10 variants on this record over 3 years and 4 press runs, there are cases where there are more variants of a record, there are cases where there are fewer. Buy it if you want it, don't buy it if don't want it.

and if you are googlemyass, you can continue to add your really positive thoughts on the matter

Guest Admin
no splatter. do a half/half on this last one.

definitely no splatter, I am not sure that record pressing can do half and half