Billy Silverstein HWM sale!

From another board I have learned that Billy from Silverstein is selling off most of his collection. I thought I'd hook someone here up with the details.

In particular his Hot Water Music collection:

"... i came as close as i could to completing this collection, and that holds a special place in my life, but now it's time to move on from that. i am planning on keeping one copy of each record, because i will always cherish a complete discography. the music is far more important than the variations of colors and pressings. "

http://silversteinmusic.com/billy/hwmsale.html

But also the others:

"here's a super outdated list of my records, pretty much anything is up for grabs if i have multiple copies of it, especially all the test pressings"

http://silversteinmusic.com/billy/records.html

Guest scriptedrain

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually got really sad reading this. The guy is well known, even among non-collectors, for this collection. I can't imagine spending all that time and money and then just getting rid of most of it.

- Jeff

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually got really sad reading this. The guy is well known, even among non-collectors, for this collection. I can't imagine spending all that time and money and then just getting rid of most of it.

- Jeff

He said:

"the music is far more important than the variations of colors and pressings. "

Guest scriptedrain

- Jeff

He said:

"the music is far more important than the variations of colors and pressings. "

I know he said that, it just seems to me that he, of all people, would be the last one to say that.

Edit: And I don't mean the music being important, it just seems sad / odd to me that a guy who has 30 variations of one record would stand up and say "all these pressings aren't important." It's not necessarily that any of our records are important, any more than, say, owning the album in CD or MP3 format, it's just the whole appeal and quality of vinyl seems important to us as collectors and music fans / appreciators. I mean of course the music is more important than the physical feel of a record and color of the wax. The point is that it's a hobby, it's a collection, it's a way of owning something special.

- Jeff

Guest scriptedrain
which translates to... the new album isnt doing as well as we hoped, and brummel isn't cutting us any checks... and i'd like to be able to pay my rent.

lol, funny story, the drummer in my bands mom was on a cruse and she some how met this kids mom.

You let your drummer fuck your band's mom?!

- Jeff