The Story of Bottled Water

I never really cared for Nalgene bottles. Sigg bottles are where it's at. I got one for free a few years ago when I bought some shoes, and it has served me great. Keeps my water a little colder a little longer than plastic bottles, and is way more comfortable to drink out of. Only downside is its harder to fill without making a mess.

But yeah, Brita pitcher/filter + water bottle is the way to go.

My brother just got a Water Bopple, i think it's called...something similar anyways. It has a replaceable filter. He loves it.

i almost never buy plastic bottle water, except when i need a bottle to fill it with water and to freeze it so the water can last me longer when i'm out during the summer, and when i come back home, i keep the bottle to refill it with tap water.

can these nalgene bottle be put in the freezer or it will crack?

i almost never buy plastic bottle water, except when i need a bottle to fill it with water and to freeze it so the water can last me longer when i'm out during the summer, and when i come back home, i keep the bottle to refill it with tap water.

can these nalgene bottle be put in the freezer or it will crack?

i freeze mine every night before work. they're supposedly indestructible; my friends and i actively tried to break one once and couldn't. even running it over with a car was a no go. if it breaks, they'll replace it.

they make ones now that are BPA free, so you should be good. unfortunutely, i'm using one from like 2005, so i'm probably going to die of some toxins building up in my systems.

the fact that you drove over it with your car didn't help either.

nah, i didn't volunteer mine for that duty. we used my friends instead.

We broke one in my college house - it was a "we need to do this" sort of task, because they were free and someone said they send you two if you mail them a broken one. We never mailed it in to see what they sent back.

Mine is from the BPA days but I don't dishwash it, which is what lets most of the cancer out.

the quality of the tap water here is TERRIBLE. even with a filter, its not as good as bottled water (even if it is just filtered tap water from elsewhere). it sucks, but an extra $4-5 every 2 weeks isn't that bad.

true. TX water is the worst. i think it's worse every year. on a related note i was watching venture bros season 1 with commentary and they said on there that they tried water in every state and that the water in texas was the worst water they ever had. they said its so bad you can smell it across the room.

that's so true. especially here in waco, like its a well-known problem that they're supposedly working on. its improved some over the last few years but sometimes it really is that bad haha. there are times when i'll get in the shower and feel like i come out dirtier than when i went in. and it makes your towels smell like ass, so no reusing the same one!