records melted in the mail?

Living in Florida we have the fear of heat warping records nearly all year long. It is very nerve racking getting records through the mail during the summer months. I always tell the sender to put "Keep out of Sunlight/Do Not Bend" on the exterior of the packaging. I moved during the summer once...talk about being nervous. For the most part, I've been lucky as the only 2 times i've severely warped a record was leaving a record in the car for too long. One time it was just 10 minutes going between record stores....the other time i left a record in the car for the whole day...that one was bowl-shaped.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living in Europe and mainly having to get my vinyl from the US also results in a fair amount warped records. It must be during the flights, since it never happens, when I'm able to pick up something within the EU. The damage is very varied, so most of the time I'm able to straighten the lp's out. It's just a question of enough weight to pressure them tightly...and patience, lot's of patience. Of course records that look like salad bowls or UFO's aren't salvageable...

new message

Hey, I decided not to go to the effort of sending you a picture. Its not super easy with my setup and expecially I really dont want to shake you down for $7. I understand your just trying to make a few dollars here and there but mainly I just want you to know what happend so in the future you can prepare for the HEAT in the back of a shipping truck for the LPs. Cuz that LP is SUPER wavy. Im going to see if I can take a blow dryer or something to it so I can improve it.

new message

Hey, I decided not to go to the effort of sending you a picture. Its not super easy with my setup and expecially I really dont want to shake you down for $7. I understand your just trying to make a few dollars here and there but mainly I just want you to know what happend so in the future you can prepare for the HEAT in the back of a shipping truck for the LPs. Cuz that LP is SUPER wavy. Im going to see if I can take a blow dryer or something to it so I can improve it.

lol wut?!

new message

lol wut?!