records melted in the mail?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, he's either exaggerating or straight up lying. Also, just put it in your listings that the buyer can pay for insurance if they want to, and if they opt out then it's their problem is anything happens.

No, you can no longer do that. eBay policy now states that it is solely the responsibility of the seller, if USPS doesn't deliver, item arrives damaged, etc. Sellers basically have no right on eBay anymore, it is pretty disgusting.

I shipped a single to someone in Texas(?) a couple of summers ago. Packaged extremely well but he told me it was warped to the point that it couldn't be played. I offered to work something out with him but he declined, he knew it was just his bad luck that it happened due to the heat. So yes, it can happen and it doesn't mean anybody is trying to pull a fast one. However, rational people should realize that it's probably not the seller's fault.

Wait until you see the photo of the record that was in that box. It's dramatic.

By the way, I talked to my mail lady about not putting my records in the sun if I'm not there. She's awesome about it and I plan to give her a $50 Christmas tip. Not that it's any help if the records are warped when they get to her, but ...