VC Fantasy Football sign up (year 2?)

zac

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm not in the league, but I guess this is the most appropriate place...

This season is ridiculous for me. Except for my week 1 win, I've run into teams every week that have players go for absurd amounts of points. This week a team that was supposed to get 86 points is sitting at 141 with 2 guys still active. I'm going to be that dick who stops updating his roster each week because it's frustrating and stupid.

/whine

in our league coming into today, zac was 1-3 despite the fact that he had scored 497 points. to add a little perspective, i am in first place at 4-0 with a league-high 504 points. althought i've scored tons of points, i've barely won 3 of my games since i played against teams that put up monster scores when we matched up. i could just as easily be 1-3.

two teams in our league were 3-1 with 418 and 426 points each. sometimes that's just the way the ball bounces.

you have to remember it's still early in the season. these things even out over the course of the year. better to be on the losing end of these coin flips early in the year. then when you make the playoffs (as you surely will if your team is as good as your point total would indicate), the chips will start falling your way. don't give up this early in the year.

Going into this week. I had the 4th most points. But I am second in points against.

Which sucks and is why I am 1-3. I've just had unlucky matchups.

holy shit you are about to beat the fuck out of the single-game points record for the year! i had 147.56 in week 2 (against you ;)), and you've already got 155.98 with frank gore having 2 a quarter and a half left to play, and braylon edwards going tomorrow night. you have a realistic shot at 170-175 points this week. that's insanity.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting raped so hard this year.

Every week I play the highest scoring person in the league.

This week I would have beat anyone I played except Scott and Michael.

It happens almost every week.

I have the second highest point total behind Kurtz but sit in 10th place because I have the most points against me by over 150.

So frustrating!

/end LiveJournal rant

• 2 weeks later...