V.M.Live Presents...

the letterbombs recorded a session for this, but by the time it was ready to go the series and/or label had folded. i can dig up the story from an old email with scott harmless if anyone wants to hear about it.

i'm just going to go ahead and list out all the ones i have/have info on, minus venues. if there is any new info here, then cool.

Against All Authority - V.M.Live Issue #9 07/16/95 7" - VML - black

Apocalypse Hoboken - V.M.Live Issue #34 04/27/96 7" - VML - black

Boris the Sprinkler - V.M.Live Issue #26 11/01/96 7" - VML - black

Effigies - V.M.Live Issue #10 12/16/95 7" - VML - black

Face Value - V.M.Live Issue #11 10/08/95 7" - VML - black

Freeze, The - V.M.Live Issue #24 11/02/96 7" - VML - black

Gotohells - V.M.Live Issue #19 07/20/96 7" - VML - black

Horace Pinker - V.M.Live Issue #29 04/26/96 7" - VML - black

J Church - V.M.Live 07/14/95 7" - VML - black

Lynyrd's Innards - V.M.Live Issue #20 02/07/96 7" - VML - black

Migraines - V.M.Live Issue #13 04/27/96 7" - VML - black

No Empathy - V.M.Live Issue #33 07/27/96 7" - VML - black

Nobodys - V.M.Live 08/29/96 7" - VML - black

Parasites - V.M.Live 05/03/96 7" - VML - black

Parasites - V.M.Live 12/03/94 7" - VML - black

Pink Lincolns - V.M.Live Issue #3 10/05/94 7" - VML - black

Queers - V.M.Live 04/18/93 7" - VML - clear

Queers - V.M.Live Issue #6 02/24/95 7" - VML - black

Quincy Punx - V.M.Live 01/12/96 7" - VML - black

Sicko - V.M.Live Issue #16 03/23/96 7" - VML - black

Sloppy Seconds - V.M.Live Issue #5 12/29/94 7" - VML - black

Submachine - V.M.Live Issue #2 07/07/94 7" - VML - black

Swingin' Utters - V.M.Live Issue #12 07/18/95 7" - VML - black

Teen Idols - V.M.Live 07/27/96 7" - VML - black

Urbn DK - V.M.Live Issue #30 12/07/96 7" - VML - black

Xerobot - V.M.Live Issue #25 10/05/96 7" - VML - black

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VML was the Vindictives label (Vindictives Music Limited), and they put out a bunch of stuff other than the live 7"s (thus the catalog numbers). Their first release was the Screeching Weasel / Pink Lincolns split. The first of the live 7"s was VML #2 which was the Queers 4/18/93. It was 1500 on clear vinyl. This was before they hatched the series idea, so it looks a little different from the rest (font, layout, songs listed on the sleeve). Here are some pics...

[image][image]

If I remember correctly, those guys used to record those shows and then try and work out something with the bands after the fact to release something from the recordings.

I can tell you the JFA one never came out. Three songs from that recording got released on the JFA/Faction split 7" I released on my label 6 years ago. I was at that show and a couple others they recorded. I dont' think I own a single record in the series for the simple fact I hated the cheap generic packaging of those singles.

also, just so its here, this is the excerpt from my communication with scott harmless about the letterbombs' vml release. not as detailed as i recall:

"As for other stuff, we recorded a cover of that old Phil Spector song "Baby Please Come Home for Christmas" for the "A Very Punk Christmas II" compilation on Rocco, but that comp never came out. We were also recorded for a VML Live Series 7", but the whole series came crashing down before ours got released. Our cover of "So Lonely" by the Police was going to be on there, but it wasn't too crucial other than that. That series didn’t have the best sound quality, as you may recall."

What's the story with Liberation Records and this label -- did they buy them out or something? I just remember Liberation putting out a whole bunch of CDs billed as "_____ Live At The Fireside Bowl" a few years back, and the recordings were the same as the VMLive ones. I remember Anti-Flag denouncing the release on their website, saying they didn't authorize it.

Just in case anyone cares: that Flim Flams LP is amazing (and not just because my sister played on it). It's three of the Vindictives, Joey's wife and my sister. They recorded the music for the 7" listed in that catalog, but never the vocals.

Then, my sister put together the artwork for Hypno-Punko and they never paid her or talked to her again. Real nice!

Just in case anyone cares: that Flim Flams LP is amazing (and not just because my sister played on it). It's three of the Vindictives, Joey's wife and my sister. They recorded the music for the 7" listed in that catalog, but never the vocals.

Then, my sister put together the artwork for Hypno-Punko and they never paid her or talked to her again. Real nice!

Agreed on the Flim Flams LP.

These are guesses, but pretty good guesses...

#23 The Parasites (2nd Edition)

#27 Total Chaos

#35 M.D.C.

#36 Drags

thanks for the info. out of curiosity, though... what are you basing these ones off of? i saw the J Church picture, and i found info elsewhere that #18 is Naked Aggression, but what about these 4? i just want to be absolutely sure before i put them on the list. :)