Green Day live

mclz

Holy shit! do they put on a hell of a show. Only other time I saw them was on Warped Tour when I was like 13. The first hour or so of the set was new stuff which I didn't really know, but they played for 3 hours, so besides the 30 minute encore, they did about 1 1/2 of old stuff like 2000 Light Years Away, Who Wrote Holden Caulfield, etc. and it was really fucking amazing. Only thing I would suggest is Billie stop doing the "Hey-Ohs" which would probably add about another 1/2 hour to their set.

Green Day are gonna be like the Rolling Stones or AC/DC of our generation. They understand entertaining, and are always amazing live. The hey-hos are annoying though. Are they still doing the 'assemble kids from the crowd to play on stage' thing? That got old after seeing it for the first time.

Green Day are gonna be like the Rolling Stones or AC/DC of our generation. They understand entertaining, and are always amazing live. The hey-hos are annoying though. Are they still doing the 'assemble kids from the crowd to play on stage' thing? That got old after seeing it for the first time.
I know what you are talking about, they usually did that during their cover of Knowledge. They didn't have kids come up and play the instruments, but they did have a few people come up and sing Longview for them. They even had a women do a verse in sign language and Billie Joe gave her his guitar after the song.

I saw the first night of this current tour a couple weeks back. It was my 13th time seeing them, I love the band, but the stage show is just too much for me now. It started off the same way as last year's tour, and right before BJ switched back to 'blue' I was about to walk out. From that point, the set got really good, with 'Nice Guys Finish Last', '2000 Light Years Away', 'Burnout', "Paper Lanterns", "When I Come Around", "Welcome To Paradise", "She", a nice little medly, including some G'n'R, Metallica, and AC/DC. If you've never seen them before, it's a real treat.. but seeing the same stage show, and hearing "heyyyyyyyyy-o" about 30,000 times, gets a little old pretty quick.

the dookie tour was really nothing special. pansy division opened and i'm not really a fan. the insomniac tour was better and the riverdales opening was definitely a bonus.

but, the best green day show i've ever seen was in 2004 in toronto at the fox theatre. so intimate and awesome.

i would recommend going and seeing them whenever possible.

If you like spectacles, you are missing out!

I love spectacles, but I can't see myself shelling out that kind of dough to see them play crap. Plus, a 3 hour set is just bloated. Take the stage, play the hits and a few album tracks for the real fans, leave after 90 minutes tops. You're not Bruce Springsteen, you're Green Day.

If you like spectacles, you are missing out!

I love spectacles, but I can't see myself shelling out that kind of dough to see them play crap. Plus, a 3 hour set is just bloated. Take the stage, play the hits and a few album tracks for the real fans, leave after 90 minutes tops. You're not Bruce Springsteen, you're Green Day.

I back this. I watched them at Lollapalooza and it was fucking terrible. Every song becomes a huge session of them pandering to the crowd ("Say Hey-o!" about a million times) and it seems like they never even finish most of the songs they play because they get so distracted with doing these ridiculous audience participation things in the bridge of every song. It was cool that they played some old stuff like "Paper Lanters" and "2,000 Light Years Away" but when they start doing the whole arena rock thing in those songs (which they did) it feels misplaced and ruins the music.

Agreed. I don't find myself ever really listening to anything post-Insomniac, but it's a really fun live show.

You're missing out on Warning.

I have listened to everything past Insomniac, I just never listen to anything past that regularly. Warning was pretty disappointing to me. I think my favorite song on it was probably "church on sunday".

Green Day was my first concert - I was 10, they played at the Niagara Falls Convention Center, and it was right after Insomniac came out. They were my favorite band by far and it was an awesome, awesome concert. Only time I've ever seen them, though.

I remember, because I was such a Green Day nerd, my friends that I was with would turn to me and say "what song is this? What CD?" and I would rattle the info off no problem. I can barely do that with any band anymore.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':49wpk2ji]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':49wpk2ji]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');