PO: Torche: Songs For Singles LP

i'm pretty sure the first press includes the 5 colors and not just black. i'm not entirely sure that the record was 180g. it might be 150g.

well, this pic should sum up all variants of the first pressing.

and now we know what the colors will look like;

[image]

Still waiting for mine and not sure when my package will arrive from overseas, so can't tell about the weight.

Already wondering how to open that outer envelope. Just wouldn't want to tear it open.

Has anyone tried the old spy trick? Holding the envelope over boiling water to open the envelope without damaging it?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show was $13 .

I was going to make a snarky comment about that, but then I remembered that thing the dude from Trap Them wrote about the rising cost of shows. And then I remembered I agreed with his central point.

So I shelve the snark on this one and just say; damn I want to see Torche live.

Maybe because I've spent 10+ years driving 4+ hours (one way) to get to decent shows my opinion is pretty skewed, but why is $13 unreasonable for a show for a band like Torche? Going to the movie theater costs almost that much. I want to go to the Torche/Kylesa/High on Fire show in Detroit in October but whatever the ticket price is the least of my expense concerns. I know you tempered your complaining with a reference to the (really good) TrapThem post on the topic, but I just don't think $13 is outrageous for a show at all. Will there just always be complaining about any show that is more than $5?

Actually, I'd pay more to go see a band i really like if i knew the money was going to the band. it's common practice for most of the clubs here to just basically divide the door money among the bands because they make it up on alcohol sales. if and when its a free show and the touring band takes donations, even if i'm playing the damn show, i'll give at least $20 even if i don't like their music and they're nice.

Actually, I'd pay more to go see a band i really like if i knew the money was going to the band. it's common practice for most of the clubs here to just basically divide the door money among the bands because they make it up on alcohol sales. if and when its a free show and the touring band takes donations, even if i'm playing the damn show, i'll give at least $20 even if i don't like their music and they're nice.

This.

Got mine today. The pink / white (or marble in my opinion), looks awesome.

same here.

But the packaging can kiss my ass. I'm not a flipper, I don't sell my records in anyway shape or form. BUT I am O.C.D. and, while I appreciate creativity, putting this thing in a sealed envelope was just a lame call on somebody's behalf.

should have my copy today. saw copies at the local stores this weekend. dont like the jacket. dont think it should have been $20. meanderthal and in return had killer packaging, but this looks like it was put together lazily (isnt that the same typeface the same that floor used?). the music is good, though.

should have my copy today. saw copies at the local stores this weekend. dont like the jacket. dont think it should have been $20. meanderthal and in return had killer packaging, but this looks like it was put together lazily (isnt that the same typeface the same that floor used?). the music is good, though.

I address the packaging (from an admittedly O.C.D. perspective) a little more in-depth here; http://bit.ly/bn1P5H

Got mine today. The pink / white (or marble in my opinion), looks awesome.

same here.

But the packaging can kiss my ass. I'm not a flipper, I don't sell my records in anyway shape or form. BUT I am O.C.D. and, while I appreciate creativity, putting this thing in a sealed envelope was just a lame call on somebody's behalf.

i agree.

they should of did more of a manila envelope with the tabs or string or some shit. i would of liked that alot more.

Torche are usually great at doing both the crushingly heavy and totally poppy stuff, so I don't mind them sneaking some Ergs'ish stuff in there.

Got the album on white (with som black smudges) from Relapse. Easiest way to open it is by just sliding a sharp knife through the flap all the way at the top. Actually was kinda fun to do, and I'm never gonna sell a Torche record anyway.