GO OBAMA GO!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

add to the fact that he will take money from anyone and everyone, including white power groups. thats awesome. sike.

uhh, except he's the only candidate that hasn't taken a penny from corporations

but keep worrying about $1000 from some wackjob white power group instead of hundreds of thousands from big business interests going to virtually every other candidate

because ALL corporations and big business are evil and out to get the man...

do you support ron paul?

but keep worrying about $1000 from some wackjob white power group instead of hundreds of thousands from big business interests going to virtually every other candidate

do you support ron paul?

I do not support Ron Paul, but I think him keeping the money isn't a bad decision. I mean, the $500 or $1000 or whatever it was isn't going to swing the guy to become an ultra-radical white supremecist. Better than that, the Klan member that sent him the money is now $1000 poorer. That means the dude has less money to spend on wood for cross burnings.

I have a good strong list of reasons I don't support ron paul.

Farm, Nutrition, and Bioenergy Act of 2007 (Farm Bill) Bill Number: HR 2419:

Vote to pass a bill that extends agriculture program deadlines until 2012, appropriates funds for the development of biofuel studies and increases nutrition in domestic food assistance programs.

Vote: No

Homeowners’ Catastrophic Insurance Act of 2007 Bill Number: HR 3355

Vote to pass a bill that establishes a National Catastrophic Risk Consortium to inventory catastrophic risk and a National Homeowner's Insurance Stabilization Program to provide loans to qualifying state reinsurance programs.

Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2007 (CHIP) Bill Number: HR 3963

Vote to pass a bill that reauthorizes and expands the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) through 2012.

Voting Rights Act Reauthorization 2006 Bill Number: HR 9

Vote to pass a bill that extends key provisions of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 for 25 years, including requirements for suspending the use of tests or devices in determining eligibility to vote and prohibition on covered jurisdictions from providing voting materials only in English. Additionally, the bill eliminates provisions regarding the use of federal examiners to examine applicants concerning their qualifications for voting and revises those regarding the use of federal observers to investigate and report on elections. (Sec. 5, 7, 8)

Finance Reform bill 1999 Bill Number: HR 417

Campaign Vote to pass a bill that implements reforms in the ways that politicians can raise money and regulates how unions, state political parties, and national political parties can distribute money to individual politicians.

Needle Exchange Funding Ban 1998 Bill Number: HR 3717

Vote to pass a bill that prohibits the use of federal funds for any program that distributes needles or syringes.

Vote: Yes

Head Start Bill 2003 Bill Number: HR 2210

Vote to pass a bill that would reauthorize Head Start, a federal early education program meant to help low-income families.

Student Loan Forgiveness for Teachers 2003 Bill Number: HR 438

Vote to pass a bill that would raise the loan forgiveness amounts from $5,000 to $17,500 for elementary and secondary math, science, reading, and special education teachers in low-income schools.

Ready to Teach Act of 2003 Bill Number: HR 2211

A vote to pass a bill that would improve the quality of the teachers in every classroom by using grants to fund preparation, training, and recruitment programs for teachers.

Clean Energy Act of 2007 Bill Number: HR 6

To reduce our Nation's dependency on foreign oil by investing in clean, renewable, and alternative energy resources, promoting new emerging energy technologies, developing greater efficiency, and creating a Strategic Energy Efficiency and Renewables Reserve to invest in alternative energy, and for other purposes.

Healthy Forests Restoration Act of 2003 Bill Number: HR 1904

An act to improve the capacity of the Secretary of Agriculture and the Secretary of the Interior to conduct hazardous fuels reduction projects on National Forest System lands and Bureau of Land Management lands aimed at protecting communities, watersheds, and certain other at-risk lands from catastrophic wildfire, to enhance efforts to protect watersheds and address threats to forest and rangeland health, including catastrophic wildfire, across the landscape, and for other purposes.

Impeachment Resolution 1,2,3 and 4

Article 1: Accuses President Clinton of willfully corrupting and manipulating the judicial process, of violating his constitutional duty to take care that laws are faithfully executed and of violating his presidential oath by willfully providing perjurious, false and misleading testimony to the grand jury on August 17, 1998

Article 2: Accuses President Clinton of committing perjury on December 23, 1997, during his testimony in a Federal civil rights action brought against him by Paula Jones, and on January 17, 1998, in response to the Lewinsky deposition

Article 3: Accuses President Clinton of obstructing justice by coaching White House Secretary Betty Currie in potential testimony, encouraging Monica Lewinsky to lie under oath and by delaying and concealing the existence of gifts, and other requested evidence

Article 4: Accuses President Clinton of misusing and abusing his power as president, impairing the due and proper administration of justice, contravening the authority of the legislative branch and of making perjurious and misleading sworn statements in response to the impeachment inquiry.

Catastrophic Insurance Act of 2007 Bill Number: HR 3355

To ensure the availability and affordability of homeowners' insurance coverage for catastrophic events.

Minimum Wage Increase 2007 Bill Number: HR 2

Vote to pass a bill to increase the Federal minimum wage.

-Increases to $5.85 on the 60th day after passage of the legislation

-Increases to $6.55 12 months after that 60th day

-Increases to $7.25 24 months after that 60th day

Minimum Wage Increase Bill 2000 Bill Number: HR 3846

Vote to pass a bill that would increase the minimum wage, and for other purposes. Increases the minimum wage from $5.15 per hour to $6.15 per hour by April 2001

Pension Reform Bill 2006 Bill Number: HR 4

Vote to pass bill that amends the Employee Retirement Income Security Act and the Internal Revenue Code to make requirements to fully establish how much employers and employees must contribute to their pension plans. Requires that most single employer pension plans fund at 100 percent of their current liability (Sec. 302 and 303)

Stem Cell Research Act of 2007 Bill Number: HR 3

Vote to pass a bill allowing the use of embryonic stem cells for research under certain conditions.

Social Security Protection Act of 2003 Bill Number: HR 743

Vote to pass a bill that would amend the Social Security Act and the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to enhance the Social Security Administration's ability to protect its program.

Display of the Ten Commandments 1997

Bill Number: H Con Res 31

Vote to adopt a resolution declaring the sense of Congress that the public display of the Ten Commandments should be permitted in government offices and courthouses. H Con Res 31: Expressing the sense of Congress regarding the display of the Ten Commandments by Judge Roy S. Moore, a judge on the circuit court of the State of Alabama.

Its strange how Ron paul is getting promoted here in Jax, FL. There were tons of hand made banners hung up all around town, google ron paul signs and a bunch of other signs that just say "Revolution - Ron Paul". But the strange part is that they all look like they are spray painted and guerilla style.

Its all quite ridiculous. Oh yeah and i saw a blimp today flying over downtown with his name plastered all over it.

Guest baseball

do you support ron paul?

of course they are not all evil...but the ones that are donating hundreds of thousands of dollars to POLITICAL CANDIDATES sure have an agenda, don't you think? politicians should not be catering to special interests (dream world, i know)

and no, i do not support Ron Paul...although that seems to be something i get tagged with pretty often just because i state my opinion on what i would consider pointless mudslinging

Its strange how Ron paul is getting promoted here in Jax, FL. There were tons of hand made banners hung up all around town, google ron paul signs and a bunch of other signs that just say "Revolution - Ron Paul". But the strange part is that they all look like they are spray painted and guerilla style.

Its all quite ridiculous. Oh yeah and i saw a blimp today flying over downtown with his name plastered all over it.

I've seen a ton of Ron Paul supporters in Orange County waving flags, passing out pamphlets/stickers, approaching cars at stoplights, etc.

He's the only candidate I've seen anyone support in public like this so far during this election cycle.

Guest baseball

@loki (because i don't want to quote your copy paste job)

first, many of the descriptions on those bills are vastly simplified

second, what is the common thread in many of those? federal funding.

Ron Paul is a small government consitutionalist, of course he is going to vote against things that use federal funding...that's his ideology and he votes accordingly

it's unfair to cherry pick those bills because they do not necessarily reflect his viewpoint on the issue itself, but rather allocation of funds

Ron Paul is a small government consitutionalist, of course he is going to vote against things that use federal funding...that's his ideology and he votes accordingly

it's unfair to cherry pick those bills because they do not necessarily reflect his viewpoint on the issue itself, but rather allocation of funds

If he were consistent I'd agree. But he's all for the gov. controlling aspects of our lives when it comes to gay marriage and abortion, as well as ending the separation of church and state. Dude isn't consistent. And the support he's getting from white power groups is because of his history of racist statements.

he also wants to get rid of the department of education and make going to school or being home schooled completely wide open.

Wow, there are all the exact same spraypainted signs in my town supporting Ron Paul. I guess he sent out stencils or something.

Not to bash Kennedy, but didn't he lead us into one of the worst wars in American history. Aside from that I do not trust anyone who takeslarge campaign contributions, especially from large corporations Yes, the democratic party may give the american people a few scraps and do a few minor things for them but if they take large contributions then they are not for or by the people. I hate all politicians equally, at least Republicans tell the average american they are going to rape them, Democrats pretend they want to help but rape you in the end, Bill Clinton and NAFTA. The Democrats in Congress did vote for the war in Iraq didn't they, (I know very few didn't), but they now say they were given faulty information, anyone with a brain new it was faulty info from day one.

Guest baseball

If he were consistent I'd agree. But he's all for the gov. controlling aspects of our lives when it comes to gay marriage and abortion, as well as ending the separation of church and state. Dude isn't consistent. And the support he's getting from white power groups is because of his history of racist statements.

No, he's for the individual states controlling those aspects (abortion, gay rights, etc.), not the federal government. He consistently votes to take power away from the federal government and hand it back to the states.

And if you're gonna play the race card, the guy is really no more racist than any of the other candidates. They all support policies that are directly or indirectly racist. Yes, even Obama.

Guest baseball

he also wants to get rid of the department of education and make going to school or being home schooled completely wide open.

Right, more federal programs and funding that he opposes.

I remember seeing Obama's speech live on TV during the democratic national convention a couple years back and being completely blown away. Not only was it a great speech, It was the first time I had ever seen a politician not come off like a complete puppet with a self-serving agenda. And ever since then I thought he would make a great president.

i too remember obama in 04. i said then he should be running and not that bozo kerry. i didn't vote then, becuase i didn't want to hold my nose and vote for kerry and PA was already decided basically. i'm so glad obama beat her rather handedly in iowa. in NH, he's 3 pts back based on avg poll position. that's within the margins of error. also, he will hopefully get a bump with this win, and if he beats hillary here i think she's done. she has run a terrible campaign and deserves to loose. it's kind of funny on pollster.com/ looking at the poll results and chart lines. obama is way up, hilary is way down, rudy is way down, and paul is pretty far up in recent months. hillary was like dean (who i wanted to win in 04) and peaked to early.

Here is my question for people. Like in the last election how do you pick the worst of two evils. I think Oakland made a very good point. There is going to be a decent percentage of people who just will not vote for Obama just due to his color. Not to label people from certain areas but I have family in Alabama, Kentucky and even in suburban PA and they all agree they will never vote for Obama, just due to his race. People are just ignorant like that. But how does one decide, like in 04 and 00, I know a lot of people who supported Nader but voted for Kerry/Gore due to picking the lesser evil and not wanting to take votes away from either of them and make it easier for Bush. Most major party politicians suck, I vote Green or 3rd party, but I will be real with our unbalanced system, 3rd party has no chance in hell of winning, so do you vote Obama and know you are already going to lose a certain percentage of the vote or do you go with a lesser evil just so the Republicans do not win. SO do you vote with your heart and know it will be a much more difficult road or do you go the easier road to keeping Republicans from running the show some more (Clinton may be a woman but like mikestswidowspeak said she has the history and what I call the structural support behind her). Isn't sad in this country we have to look at things this way.

I think the Democrats are in trouble because the people who would not vot for Obama because of his race, most likely would not vote for Hilary either, 'cause she's a woman. Alot of the voting public is very ignorant (ex: 2 terms of Bush) and they will vote based on race or sex rather than the issues. I know in my area (which is very conservative) rumors are running rampant about Obama's muslim background and Hilary being a closet lesbian. The Democrats seem to have an uphill battle ahead of them just because of who the candidates are.

i live in a really rural area too, and it's actually about 50/50 as to the race/religion thing... and the great thing for obama is, people who i know who are conservative, the more they've seen of him the more they like him. my great aunt is a very racist woman, and she said after his speech in 04 he should be our next president. my mom, who's a christian nutjob, loves obama now too. the more exposure he gets in the media, the crap in the chain emails about him being a radical muslim will be easily disproven and people will like him. hillary, no matter how you cut it, 50-60% of the country has already made up their minds and hate her. i hate her myself.

i wouldn't worry much about the general election... it's going to be damn near impossible for the democrat nominee to loose.

Huckabee scares the living shit out of me. If he wins,I am moving out of this country.

Romney and Edwards are the same fucking person.

Hillary.....meh.

Ron Paul wants to give the states more power in some ways....to quote Dennis Miller:"The State can't fucking pave roads".

So Obama is who I will be voting for.

Guest abravemorning

Ron Paul voted "No" to extending the Voting Rights Act of 1965. How does that involve cutting federal funding. It doesn't. Maybe all those reports about him being racist aren't so false.

Ron Paul wants to eliminate most government agencies, the Department of Education. Doing so would eliminate federal funding to public schools. Do you understand how public schools depend on this? With America's already shitty education system, how could this be a good thing?

Face it, this guy's main selling point is that he opposed the Irag War from the beginning. Well, so was Obama. The big difference between the two is Obama isn't a fucking lunatic. Ron Paul is nothing more than a radical right wing wacko.

Guest baseball

Not to sound like a dick, but are you reading the words I am typing?

Ron Paul voted "No" to extending the Voting Rights Act of 1965. How does that involve cutting federal funding. It doesn't. Maybe all those reports about him being racist aren't so false.

I never said every bill listed. I said almost all involved federal funding, and they still do.

Ron Paul wants to eliminate most government agencies, the Department of Education. Doing so would eliminate federal funding to public schools. Do you understand how public schools depend on this? With America's already shitty education system, how could this be a good thing?

First, why are you addressing me as if I'm defending his positions? I said I DIDN'T support the guy. I was talking about his opposition to using federal funds, which is exactly what you just stated.

Face it, this guy's main selling point is that he opposed the Irag War from the beginning. Well, so was Obama. The big difference between the two is Obama isn't a fucking lunatic. Ron Paul is nothing more than a radical right wing wacko.

Again, NOT a supporter.