Against Me!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do people have different opinions than i do?!?!

They've had an interesting career. How many bands have sold out twice, really?

When they were playing in basements doing their all acoustic stuff... the dirt punks loved them. Then they signed to Fat and started playing electric and those kids hated them for selling out.

Then they came out with that DVD were it whole plot was about if they were going to sign to a major and at the end they triumphantly declared they were going to stay on Fat, then turned around and signed to a major after that anyway. I was never really into them, but I lost what little respect I had for them at that point.

Why would someone smite you for not liking a band that they like? That's just retarded. That said, the music I like is better than the music you like.

People smote me for saying that the live Jawbreaker record wasn't worth $400. :D

Somebody smited me because I said Juno was a boring, trite and cliche movie. Its funny like that sometimes.

Smite me again if you wish. That movie was nothing but a boring fucking hipster flick.

But seriously, this isn't punknews, do we need to rehash the same Against Me! conversation.

I didn't start this thread to debate if Against Me has sold out (I don't see how one can debate that they haven't), but just that they seem to be the flagship band of this message board, and I just think that they were never that good to begin with. I was trying to get different perspectives on them.

Was this just made to troll? Not to be rude but a lot of people like a lot of bands I don't, I figure Against Me! is just that band for you.

On a side note: Who actually likes Sonic Youth?

I was never really into Sonic Youth. I liked some of their 'catchier' songs like 100%, that we're on the radio and tv in the 90's, when grunge was exploding...

Then I borrowed my brothers 'Daydream Nation' cd a few months ago....and I loved it, damn, that is a great fucking album....

I like AM! and HWM though, please don' t smite me ;)

...Musical Taste is a weird thing....