your dreams, projects, whatever..

i'd like to be able to quit my stupid day job (that is currently paying the bills) and be able to make a living doing photography. i'd be great if i got to travel and shoot weddings in different part of the country/world, too, but that dream may be slightly further off than 1-2 years, haha.

a girl can dream.

I really want to do something creative soon, but I'm not sure and the creativity chunk of my brain is pretty bad -- I'm inept musically and artistically. I don't know, but I just want to create something that people or at least myself will enjoy.

I have http://www.rustbeltrising.com that I'm working on w/ friends, but it's slow moving.

Guest eriathomas

My dream is pretty small, but I really really want to get over my anxiety/depression/hypochondria that has been plaguing me for 3 years and move out of the state. I'd also like to get back into art/photoshop stuff that I was really big on in high school, but stopped one day and have not touched it since (so I'm sure i lost my touch in 8 years).

I want to write and edit comics for a living. I love the industry and with DC Comic supposedly wanting to move to LA, it's possible that my networking could get me there.

My other dream would be to travel to every single major league baseball park in the course of my lifetime. I think it would be pretty cool.

I'm going to finally get this label up and running (short run CDs and digital downloads/vinyl soon). Continue teaching, eventually become a principal or asst. principal (just finished my master's degree) and hopefully get a new roof and a new driveway for my house soon.

As far as my music projects go, I just hope this new band and my solo material get out of the studio soon and out playing shows. I'm anxious. Maybe Signal Home will do something again...someday?

im planning on moving to vegas! Soon as my house is fixed up and SRC moves into its new warehouse VEGAS here I come :) or somewhere in Nevada

And Coldsnap, my dad just bought a roadtrek and he is going to live in it for a year!! great idea. I wish I could do something like that in my life and I really hope you do it soon

i have a few things...

first off, i quit smoking weed and im trying real hard to not do it. its not addictive, its just plain fun but it got to a point where i feel like its starting to hold me back. plus, i dont really get the "madness" anymore. im sure some of you know what the madness is.

secondly, im working my ass off at getting in tip top shape to join the navy seals. i have two friends that have went through with it and from them explaining their experiences in it, i feel like it would be the perfect career choice for me right now.

thirdly, i started a novel about two years ago and have yet to finish it. i dont really care if it get published or anything like that, i just want to finish the damn thing and to be 100% satisfied with the final edit. its sort of a horror/survivalist/phycological thriller i guess. i am very satisfied with what i have so far.

i'd like to open a bar, but i won't have the means to do that for a while. if i ever had enough money i probably would end up doing it for fun.

also, if i ever won the lottery i'd buy a warehouse type place or a huge loft and open a cafe/venue/record store that could be also used as a battered woman's shelter or homeless shelter in the winter. on weekend nights i'd want to have artists teach at-risk kids music or art - ways to express themselves artistically while raising self-esteem and self-worth.

i'm also on track to get a doctorate by 2016 or so. that would be awesome.**

*not to mention extremely frightening. fuck

There are a ton of ad campaign posters and what not around my town. There's almost always a picture of some jerk offs mug on there too.

you know

"vote for so and so, or re-elect blah blah"

I've always thought it would be awesome to stencil storm trooper helmets over their faces...

that'll show 'em.

I want to get these ideas on paper and start composing music. Shitty thing is i dont know how to read music and really want to. Sucks that i realized this when I'm twenty and not 13 when i started playing guitar. Also to start a label. The label being way off for now,but eventually i will.

seriously, what a great thread. Like J4M35, I've been seriously wanting to open a bar. I havent done anything other than read a book "how to run a bar for dummies", and even that is just the bare minimum. It's just a thought I had for the last few years which blossomed into something I really wanted to do as of this year. I don't have money to do this though, so it will probably always just be a dream. I'm just so tired of working in a call center. Working for the man is wearing me out. I've also wanted to start filming some sketches with some friends. a friend and I have been talking this and that, and wrote down sketch ideas a couple years ago and always talk about shooting them but never do. I'd like to shoot at least 2 before the end of the year and get at least 200 views before years end.

I'd really love to someday write about music/bands for VAST SUMS OF MONEY haha. considering journalism is changing/dying to a certain extent, that'll probably never happen. I do, however, write a hip-hop blog that I've really enjoyed doing, it can be found at:

http://onlyhiphopblog.blogspot.com/

it is what it is, but, as I said, I've really enjoyed doing it, and have gotten some positive feedback.