Salo, or the 120 days of Sodom

impact

I don't particularly "like" this film, but this is a pretty astute synopsis of the "why" of the film.

there are any number of ways that theme could have been depicted - they just opted for the most shocking route. it gets the point across, that's for sure. but that doesn't make it a good movie.

truthfully, there are far worse ways it could have been depicted. again, if anyone has read the novel, de sade's work is far worse than the movie (which it's semi-based on) ever was.

I don't know. i liked it and thought it was excellent. Sure it was depraved and what not, but there are tons of metaphors depicting the directors life as well his ideas of fascism and political corruption. maybe some don't like it because it doesn't translate well and with this societies total desensitization of human depravity it probably doesn't seem all that interesting.

But as far as IRREVERSIBLE. that movie is by far a excellent choice of film. It's stunning and just fucks your head up in more ways than Salo ever will.

Seen It? I have owned this movie on VHS, and DVD (twice). Yeah, its sickening, but from the title, what do you expect. Sure there's all the stuff listed above, but the overall movie is excellent. If you pay attention and not watch for the sake of shock value, there is a story behind all that madness. Also if you've read De Sade's book version, Pasolini's film adaptation is nothing short of a G rating compared to the text that is the novel.

Watch it, but try to remember that there is a reason for the violence and sadism. All this does serve a purpose by giving insight to the whole post war Italian fascism era. Its intentions were not meant to shock as they were to show you the harsh depravity during that era.

I may need to watch this again. it's been a few years.

would've liked to have the vhs version of this. i just have the criterion collection 2xdvd. it's one of/if not the most shocking film ever made, but i also think its one of the best movies ever made too.

there are also quite a bit of big fake dicks in the final torture scene, but that is more funny than shocking.

i started watching antichrist today and fell asleep. i need to finish it up

The first scene of Antichrist really bothered me. Not the hardcore sex scene... the kid falling out of the window.

The first scene in Antichrist didn't bother me nearly as much as one of the final scenes where the wife smashes her husbands junk and then jerks him off while he's unconcious and makes him cum blood.

Honestly, I'd rather watch the kid fall out the window...

The first scene of Antichrist really bothered me. Not the hardcore sex scene... the kid falling out of the window.

The first scene in Antichrist didn't bother me nearly as much as one of the final scenes where the wife smashes her husbands junk and then jerks him off while he's unconcious and makes him cum blood.

Since I have a 16 month old child, it really bothered me. If you don't have a kid I'm sure it wouldn't effect you.

Since I have a 16 month old child, it really bothered me. If you don't have a kid I'm sure it wouldn't effect you.

I've got one on the way, and my view might change as things progress. I think the reason it didn't bother me as much was the way it was done. Everything else in the movie was hyper realistic except for this scene, which I think was the reason that it didn't hit me as hard as the other scenes.

(I forgot about the cutting off her own clit with scissors just before she orgasms scene when I was mentioning rough scenes in AntiChrist... *double shudder*)

somewhere Eric Clapton is crying..

Honestly, I'd rather watch Eric Clapton fall out the window...

somewhere Eric Clapton is crying..

Fixed?