10 Days in Cape Cod/Boston Area

Next week I'm heading up north east with my family for 10 days. I'm planning to do a lot of nothing and a few fun things. I plan on hitting up the Sam Adams brewery, possibly the aquarium, and possibly a New England Revolution match. Anyone have any recommendations of fun places to visit/eat? I know some of you live up in those parts!

I'm so excited to have time off from work. I've been working 7 days a week, an hour and a half from home. Not fun.

The Cape is pretty self explanatory, just go and relax. The city is awesome. If you like history, do the Freedom Trail. Shopping - wander around Newbury St. There's an incredible number of young people because of all the colleges there, so anywhere you go at night will probably be loaded with them, especially now with colleges coming back in session.

Sam Adams is fantastic... the brewery is in some sketchy back alley, but they will show you a good time. Free tour, they just ask you to donate to whatever charity is at the start of it. Then they pass pitchers of beer around at the end and you can drink whatever you can grab.

Haha Good times. I have a picture of the bridges we used to run across every summer when I was growing up.

[image]

Harry De Zitter is the photographer, and my mom's mom, who died before I was born, bought her three children prints of the shot and it means a lot to all of us. My grandfather used to take the whole family up every year since 1960 or so until about 1995. He still goes to meet up with friends intermittently (actually he's leaving Wednesday to go up). This is hanging above our couch in the living room.

if you can, go up to newburyport. it's maybe 45 minutes north of boston, and right along the water. beeeeautiful artsy awesome little town.

last time i was up to visit my best friend in cambridge, i did a salem --> gloucester --> newburyport day and it was awesome. had a delicious lobster roll in a little hole in the wall bar in newburyport while watching a red sox game. i never felt so new england-y.

if you can, go up to newburyport. it's maybe 45 minutes north of boston, and right along the water. beeeeautiful artsy awesome little town.

last time i was up to visit my best friend in cambridge, i did a salem --> gloucester --> newburyport day and it was awesome. had a delicious lobster roll in a little hole in the wall bar in newburyport while watching a red sox game. i never felt so new england-y.

I live and work in between those 3 towns. good times.

Fire and Ice wouldn't even be in the top 20 places I would bring someone too...UNLESS you can eat 5 meals at once.

Anyways shows are located here: http://www.lemmingtrail.com/events/

Also check out mideastclub.com and great scott allston and harpers ferry allston

BEST TIP i give people is to go to the top of the pru at night/late afternoon(call for hours). they have a really expensive restaurant but they have a bar with decent cocktails/beers for sale. 5 bucks a beer i think. so you can go all the way up and check out the view without having to pay much. it's pretty awesome!

finally where are you staying on the cape?

Spinnaker used to be a pretty cool record store. I haven't been in a bunch of years, but I got some sweet records at the one in Hyannis 7 or 8 years ago. I don't know how they are now, or if there's still the 2 or 3 of them around, but I would assume they're doing well with the popularity of vinyl.

Thanks for all the tips guys! I'm gonna take some time after work tonight to do some planning.
finally where are you staying on the cape?

My family rented a house in Chatham.

That's where we used to go... it's awesome. I always loved the bridges over the little foot-deep streams that cut through.

everyone always talks about the beachcomber which is near there I believe.

the cape is pretty much alot of the same thing.

baked fish

fried clams

lobsters

i would highly suggest(if you have the tools) to do a clam bake. you spend prob 50-70 on it and end up with a ton of fucking food!

i'll be in harwich that weekend but i generally don't leave it. my finance's parents have a house on a pond and it's so nice we never leave. cape temperatures but warm water and solitude of the cape.

There's this hot rich girl in Chatham you should try to check out at her pool. Just bring a riding mower.

[image]

I'm actually going to be in Boston on the 1st through ??? then in Montreal for a few days, then flying back home on the 8th. Probably gonna catch the Red Sox/Rays game on the 7th. Not really sure yet what the plan is.

Good man celticsfan. Thanks for the tip. Any suggestions on things to do in Boston? We're catching a Red Sox game next Tuesday, other than that I have no clue what we're gonna do. I think we'll end up spending more time in Montreal than Boston anyway, but want to make sure to maximize our time there.