TP/PO: The Gamits "Parts" LP/CD w/ free beer coozi

Guest admin1338560633

[image]

The Gamits "Parts" LP Plaid Mix vinyl w/ free beer coozie (from Suburban Home/VC)

http://store.vinylcollective.com/products/4846

The Gamits "Parts" CD w/ free beer coozie (from Suburban Home/VC)

http://store.vinylcollective.com/products/4847

The Gamits "Partrs" LP (Concrete, Parts, and Logo colored vinyl) (Paper and Plastick Store)

http://www.districtlines.com/20516-The-Gamits-Parts-LP-Vinyl-Record/Paper-And-Plastick

The Gamits "Parts" album digitally (Gamits Bandcamp)

http://thegamits.bandcamp.com

I think the 3 day weekend and not working on Labor day threw me off on my timing for this, but today, September 7th, we are proud to offer you the pre-order for The Gamits brand new album, "Parts". I am so damned excited for all of you to hear this new album; it could be my favorite of theirs. You can actually listen to a full album stream on either Punknews http://www.punknews.org/bands/thegamits or the Gamits Bandcamp page. Give it a listen and then place your pre-order. If you pre-order from us, you will receive an instant download of the album. The Plaid Mix vinyl is available from us, as is the CD. While supplies last, you will get a free beer coozie. Here is the pressing info:

“plaid mix” – blue, white, red and black mixed x 200 (I think this will be the SH/VC/Gamits exclusive color)

“concrete” – gray and black shimmer x 400

“parts” – blue and white swirl x 200

“logo” – red and black swirl x 200

The other variants will be available from Paper and Plastick. You can buy the album digitally from The Gamits bandcamp page. I just saw the Gamits perform many of these songs at their recent album release show and will be seeing them play again on Saturday for Suburban Home's 15th Anniversary party. The new album is so good and as many of the commentors on Punknews stated, there are moments that sound like Jack from One Man Army/Dead to Me, Erik from Dillinger Four, and Blake from Jawbreaker. What do you think?

Vinyl should be done in early October. And if you pre-order from Vinyl Collective/Suburban Home, you will be entered for a chance to win a test pressing. Good luck.

What's the difference between P&P's "Tour Edition" cd and the Suburban Home cd?

And no discount packages if you want to buy one of everyone?

the tour cd is a short run cd limited to 100 copies without full packaging. the regular cd is a nice digipak package.

sorry, no package deals. we only have the one variant and p and p have everything else.

Hmm. Sort of want. Where was this pressed?

Pirates Press does most, if not all, of P+P's and SH's records, so that would be a safe bet.

i know pirates has done a lot of P+Ps past records, but they have been doing a fair amount of stuff at gotta groove and those guys seem great.

• 2 months later...
Yeah, what's the update on this album?

Also, noticed on the Paper & Plastik site that there's a new color variant that wasn't there when I originally ordered all the variants on release day -- blue and gray swirl -- what's up with that?

Aw! Did you order one?

I have a feeling the grey/black shimmer is going to be bad-ass. I should have ordered one.

I should have also went for the teal TCG, I wish Virgil would let us know a lick of info on either at this point.

This was posted on November 5th, so it should be soon.

All this talk of "Parts" begs the question, "Where the Fuck is the Vinyl?" It's a very good question in deed. Vinnie from Paper and Plastick is in Europe on tour with Less Than Jake, but he did get back to us saying that the records have shipped from the plant. We are uncertain though if the records shipped directly to us in Colorado or to Florida and then will ship here. Either way, we hope to have them as early as this next week, as late as 2 weeks from now. Sorry for the delay, but it will be worth the wait. I've been listening to the test pressings and the record sounds incredible.

Yeah, what's the update on this album?

Also, noticed on the Paper & Plastik site that there's a new color variant that wasn't there when I originally ordered all the variants on release day -- blue and gray swirl -- what's up with that?

Aw! Did you order one?

I have a feeling the grey/black shimmer is going to be bad-ass. I should have ordered one.

I should have also went for the teal TCG, I wish Virgil would let us know a lick of info on either at this point.

I ordered all the variants that were available on pre-order day -- plaid from Suburban home and the three from Paper & Plastik. Just saw the new variant on P&P the other day, not sure if it's a misprint or if they decided to throw in a fifth variant sometime after the pre-orders went up.

This was posted on November 5th, so it should be soon.

... we hope to have them as early as this next week, as late as 2 weeks from now. Sorry for the delay, but it will be worth the wait. I've been listening to the test pressings and the record sounds incredible.

I know the record will be more than worth the wait, but its been three weeks since the last update...

i am sorry this has taken so ridiculously long. I feel very honored to be able to work with Paper and Plastick on this release, but I'm not sure why it took this long. Luckily, we got tracking info and they will arrive today. I started printing labels last night so I can ship them out immediately. I will go to my mailbox around 12:30 and will come right back and begin packing the records. I will post photos later today.

I got my shipping notification last night. Has anyone seen the plaid vinyl? Usually Virgil is kind enough to post a pic up on the site but I don't remember having seen this one.

I got a shipping notice as well. I really want to see that black shimmer swirl but i'm sure the plaid will be interesting to say the least.