Yahoo Fantasy Football Help

mcm1610

Because the person running my league doesn't check with anyone before setting times, we've had a lot of trouble getting a draft time that works for everyone. It got bumped back every time someone said they couldn't do the previous one.. now tonight works, but he didn't change it until this morning so Yahoo won't let him set it that close in time, so it has to be tomorrow. That works for everyone except me, who is in grad class where it would be HIGHLY frowned upon for me to sit with a laptop out, let alone drafting.

Long story short- It's a live draft, but I have to auto-draft since I can't be there. How do I do that so my team doesn't suck?

I know there's pre-draft rankings, but I don't know a good strategy for lining up the players. Is there a way to tell the computer to pick this position first, that position next, etc?

Two years ago I missed the draft and didn't do any pre-draft rankings and my team was abysmal. Last year I sat in live and it was awesome. I just don't know how to make the computer automatically do what I would do if I were sitting there.

Because the person running my league doesn't check with anyone before setting times, we've had a lot of trouble getting a draft time that works for everyone. It got bumped back every time someone said they couldn't do the previous one.. now tonight works, but he didn't change it until this morning so Yahoo won't let him set it that close in time, so it has to be tomorrow. That works for everyone except me, who is in grad class where it would be HIGHLY frowned upon for me to sit with a laptop out, let alone drafting.

Long story short- It's a live draft, but I have to auto-draft since I can't be there. How do I do that so my team doesn't suck?

I know there's pre-draft rankings, but I don't know a good strategy for lining up the players. Is there a way to tell the computer to pick this position first, that position next, etc?

Two years ago I missed the draft and didn't do any pre-draft rankings and my team was abysmal. Last year I sat in live and it was awesome. I just don't know how to make the computer automatically do what I would do if I were sitting there.

my father in law just did auto pick for a yahoo league im in. yahoo has everyone ranked so you will basically get that next best ranked player. say you have pick 8 and you want a running back first pick i think it would give you andre johnson if he was next available. not sure you can actually pick what positions you want first.

Most of the time auto draft kind of sucks and you get terrible teams. I've watched a couple people have to do it this year in the leagues I'm in and it makes them draft QBs and stuff that don't even start. It's terrible. I have seen one person get a good team though but it's unlikely. I got in late for a draft last week and my first two picks were made for me and I had Frank Gore and Reggie Wayne so it's not too bad but after midway through you get screwed.

Yea, that's what I'm worried about. I don't want it picking up a second QB when I don't have a WR yet or something, just because he's the best player. The people I play with don't really do trades ... they're quite rare, so it's not even like I'd be hoarding players to trade someone.

Whatever, if I get a shitty team, I'll just back out and tell everyone to suck it, they're not getting my money. I know it's dick, but maybe the league organizer should be a bit more organized.

Round 1, pick 10 - Shonn Green? Really Yahoo? That's the 10th best player you can think of?

Auto-Draft SuckAsses

1. (10) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)

2. (15) Steven Jackson (StL - RB)

3. (34) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)

4. (39) Ronnie Brown (Mia - RB)

5. (58) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)

6. (63) Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)

7. (82) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)

8. (87) Donald Driver (GB - WR)

9. (106) Mason Crosby (GB - K)

10. (111) New Orleans (NO - DEF)

11. (130) Donovan McNabb (Was - QB)

12. (135) Heath Miller (Pit - TE)

13. (154) Austin Collie (Ind - WR)

14. (159) Arrelious Benn (TB - WR)

15. (178) Dexter McCluster (KC - WR,RB)

Round 1, pick 10 - Shonn Green? Really Yahoo? That's the 10th best player you can think of?

Auto-Draft SuckAsses

1. (10) Shonn Greene (NYJ - RB)

2. (15) Steven Jackson (StL - RB)

3. (34) DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)

4. (39) Ronnie Brown (Mia - RB)

5. (58) Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)

6. (63) Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)

7. (82) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)

8. (87) Donald Driver (GB - WR)

9. (106) Mason Crosby (GB - K)

10. (111) New Orleans (NO - DEF)

11. (130) Donovan McNabb (Was - QB)

12. (135) Heath Miller (Pit - TE)

13. (154) Austin Collie (Ind - WR)

14. (159) Arrelious Benn (TB - WR)

15. (178) Dexter McCluster (KC - WR,RB)

Shonn Greene is the shit and as a 10th pick that value he will bring you points trust me the Jets are def going to have the number one run game this year again!

Weird thought, but I wonder if Yahoo! purposely doesn't improve their autodrafting?

They have some of the smartest computer scientist researchers on the earth. I'm sure they could come up with an algorithm that given a rank of players, the positions others have already taken, what you have taken, trends in player value over the past 3 years, etc... could draft an awesome team. People would probably be pissed though. Autodrafting would probably be a better strategy than doing it yourself...

^^ i totally agree. i wish they would make SOME effort to improve it, though. when a team autodrafts 6 running backs because each time they're up, a RB is the highest rated player, that's not fair. or if it gives you 7 players with the same bye week. there should at least be failsafes for that kind of thing, because it ruins it for the other teams in the league.

when a team autodrafts 6 running backs because each time they're up, a RB is the highest rated player, that's not fair.

I'm pretty sure they fixed that a year or two ago. For the first few rounds it bases its picks on overall standings, but then it goes through your empty roster positions, filling them one by one. That's for offensive players, any way; I don't know how it handles Ks and Ds.

when a team autodrafts 6 running backs because each time they're up, a RB is the highest rated player, that's not fair.

I'm pretty sure they fixed that a year or two ago. For the first few rounds it bases its picks on overall standings, but then it goes through your empty roster positions, filling them one by one. That's for offensive players, any way; I don't know how it handles Ks and Ds.

This. Thats exactly what it does. It takes the best available player according to your need.