http://www.bandtoband.com/band/mr-t-experience

plus:

· Mr. T Experience: Big Black Bugs Bleed Blue Blood

· Mr. T Experience: Every Band Has A Shonen Knife Who Loves Them

· Mr. T Experience: Blame And Burn

· Mr. T Experience: Banana Pad Riot

· Mr. T Experience: Sicko

· Mr. T Experience: Soda Punx

· Mr. T Experience: Strum Ünd Bang, Live!?

· Mr. T Experience: Tapin' Up My Heart

· Mr. T Experience: Goober Patrol

· Mr. T Experience: And I Will Be With You

· Mr. T Experience: More Bounce To The Ounce

· Mr. T Experience: Generations I · A Punk Rock Look At Human Rights

· Mr. T Experience: Alcatraz

· Mr. T Experience: Forward Till Death

· Mr. T Experience: Gigantor

I have "So Long Sucker" on blue. That's all I know.

I'm 99.9% sure that was the only one on color, besides the MTX Ramones cover record.

+ the 'Sex Offender' 7": I know there is clear and light blue. my copy on clear has a hand colored sleeve (which is ltd /100).

I had no idea So Long Sucker was on color - is it light blue, or translucent?

what's the general consensus on their best stuff?

i used to read how dr. frank was a songwriting genius (and weasel is still pimping him) and all the blah blah blah but i really could never get into this band...i remember thinking the lite brite one was ok back in the day. and 'even hitler had a g/f' was a great song, but i just could never get down w/ them.

i'm going back and checking out some stuff now. i liked milk, milk lemonade way more now then i did when it came out, but i dunno if i like the stuff i've heard so far enough to pick any of it up on LP.

i finally got around to reading king dork and i enjoyed the hell out of that book, so i thought i'd go back and check out MTX again...

i think most people agree that their best stuff is the run of... "our bodies our selves," "and the women who love them," "love is dead," and "revenge is sweet." not to say there aren't good moments before or after, but they were just killing it for a few years there. but i also think when people refer to the genius of dr. frank, they're really referring to his lyrical wit more than the music.

i i also think when people refer to the genius of dr. frank, they're really referring to his lyrical wit more than the music.

yea, that is what i always figured.

i've listened to milk milk lemondate, making things w/ light, and revenge is sweet.

i didn't make it too far into alcatraz.

i don't think anything has changed for me. i like some stuff ok, but not super into any of it.

Everyone's Entitled... OG limited press on Disorder was on red (probably the orange referred to above).

Making Things with Light had a limited run on yellow.

German (or some other EU) press of Love Is Dead was on green.

Road To Ruin mentioned on blue/yellow (300 copies, 1700 on black) was also pressed on white (unknown number)

Sex Offender normal press was clear, Vital Music press was the light blue.

The Thing That Ate Floyd comp has like 4 or 5 pressings. One of those was on pink (orange sleeve).

Every Band Has a Shonen Knife That Loves Them comp was on pink/white split.

That's all I have tracking info on. For the record, I've never seen an MTX record of any type sell for more than $20 (including the Milk Milk Lemonade test press I bought like 8 years ago). Depressingly underrated band.

If you don't like Love Is Dead, re-assess your interest in pop punk. I'll take that over any NOFX or Screeching Weasel record any day of the week. Holds up like a motherfucker too.

If you don't like Love Is Dead, re-assess your interest in pop punk. I'll take that over any NOFX or Screeching Weasel record any day of the week. Holds up like a motherfucker too.

eh, i dunno about that dude. i grew up w/ the 90s pop-punk stuff and i was into a TON of it back then. but not these dudes. haha. just can't do it. i got really burnt out on that genre tho too.

speaking of underrated bands, i always thought groovie ghoulies were way underrated. way fun live. and they went out w/ 2 of their best albums, travels w/ my amps and 99 lives. kepi's stuff since then has been ok for me but hasn't grabbed me too much.

i think most people agree that their best stuff is the run of... "our bodies our selves," "and the women who love them," "love is dead," and "revenge is sweet." not to say there aren't good moments before or after, but they were just killing it for a few years there. but i also think when people refer to the genius of dr. frank, they're really referring to his lyrical wit more than the music.

Everything Mike said is correct. I'm always astounded at the big dropoff in quality from Revenge Is Sweet to Alcatraz (and then the huge dropoff from that onward).

I also think Dr. Frank's solo record, Show Business Is My Life, is brilliant—and for some reason, I'm thinking it was pressed on clear vinyl?

I used to have it and I think it had 3 songs, including an acoustic that wasn't on the original CD about phoning for a date.

Yep, the 7" has the good version of "How'd the Date End." The CD collection has a really lame version of it that's slower and adds a useless verse.