Minor Threat LP pressing info

Can anyone help fill in the blanks on this list? It's hard to find pressing info on these releases:

Out of Step

1st pressing, black back, /3500

2nd pressing, picture back, /5000

3rd pressing, dark blue stripe, $3.50ppd, ?

3rd pressing, red stripe, UK version, ?

3rd pressing, green stripe, German version, ?

4th pressing, turquoise stripe, $3.50ppd, ?

5th pressing, turquoise stripe, $5.00ppd, ?

6th pressing, turquoise stripe, $7.00ppd, ?

7th pressing, turquoise stripe, $8.00ppd, ?

8th pressing, turquoise stripe, white vinyl, $7.00ppd, /2000

9th pressing, remastered, original artwork, ?

First 2 7"s on a 12"

1st pressing, red cover, $4.00ppd, "Made in the UK", ?

2nd pressing, red cover, $4.00ppd, "Made in France", ?

3rd pressing, blue cover, $4.00ppd, ?

4th pressing, blue cover, $5.00ppd, ?

5th pressing, green cover, $5.00ppd, ?

6th pressing, green cover, $7.00ppd, ?

7th pressing, green cover, $8.00ppd, ?

8th pressing, green cover, $7.00ppd, green vinyl, /2000

9th pressing, yellow cover, ?

UK pressing, dark blue cover, 2.50, ?

German pressing, gray cover, DM12, ?

Also, the 2 7" LP had 3 "first" presses according to Dischord. The red cover was the domestic first press, the blue cover was the UK press, and the gray cover was the German press.

The second had a blue cover and the third had a light green cover.

Also, I printed this info form the Southern website, not Dischord, in May of 2001.

Thanks for the extra info, I guess Dischord just didn't keep track of these releases as well as I would have hoped. I've even been in touch with Jeff Nelson, and he couldn't even tell me how many were made. The $8.00 Out of Steps seem to be super rare, does anyone else have a copy of one of these? I have one, but I've only seen one other person on any of the tradelist sites that has one listed. Even the guys who have every test and 7" listed don't have an $8.00, so it must have been a fairly limited run?

I've checked out that site before. They've got some great pictures of the different pressings, but they're missing several of them. This site also has quite a bit of information about ALL of Minor Threat releases (legit and bootleg, cassette, CD, vinyl, you name it). http://outofstepsince81.wordpress.com/category/out-of-step/

I have always wondered about the pressing info on the Salad Days 7''. I've searched all over the web for months and months and I can't find any info. I have a copy that was made in France and the upper part is cut in like a "half a circle" shape. Does anyone know if this is an early press? Thanks in advance.

There's this guy from the Netherlands who is a really big collector of Minor Threat, he might have tons and tons of MT vinyl. I remember he posted in his website he was going to put some info on it (that was in June) and nothing till now. I guess people should send him all the different pressings they have of their Salad Days 7''s and at least we could have a list of different pressings, nevermind which came first or later (at least for now). I'll let you know as soon as I have news!

This is the guy from the Netherlands that you are talking about, also the author of the Out Of Step since 81 blog.

I will get back to your email later Chris, I need to have some time to write a decent reply, since you really stired up some good ideas.

About the Salad Days pressings, I found four different versions at this moment, I will post about it within a week or three on my blog: http://outofstepsince81.wordpress.com

The easiest way to tell if you have an earlier press, if on the back of the sleeve, their is a cut out to easily remove the vinyl from the sleeve. But more info later.

I never heard about the OOS or FT7OA12 with a $10 mark before. I would love to see some high resolution pictures of it.

This is an old picture, I posted a while ago on this same board:

[image]

I thought I was cool because I have all 4 pressing of the Filler 7". Now I know how silly I am. What an amazing picture. What are the other copies of the Filler single there?

For the record, my Salad Days is pretty old (purchased used in the mid nineties). And it has a semi-gloss toploading pic sleeve with a poster sleeve inside. Made in France and blue lettering in the labels. Probably pretty common but I've never really checked other copies.

I have always wondered about the pressing info on the Salad Days 7''. I've searched all over the web for months and months and I can't find any info. I have a copy that was made in France and the upper part is cut in like a "half a circle" shape. Does anyone know if this is an early press? Thanks in advance.

For most of the 80s and 90s all the Dischord records were made in France.

Yeah, my copy of Salad Days was made in France, same as my Egg Hunt 7''. Since we are talking about Dischord Records, does anyone know if Rites Of Spring 12'' with the 5.00 PPD on the back (first press I guess) is worth something?

Not really. They made a ton of those and it's never been a hard record to find.

• 1 year later...

All Minor Threat answers can be found here:

http://seekingthesimple.wordpress.com/vinyl/minor-threat/

Value? It is a Top-50 HC/Punk record so it's near priceless. Out of Step is Top-10. This pressing was done in 2009 so it is very recent. You might need to wait a couple decades to realize anything above cost on it since the early pressings are what collectors chase. I recently replaced my 2nd press with a 1st press and spent just under $30 (great deal).