The Best Record Stores in the USA

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad to see Shake It made the list. That place is fantastic.

As for the Chicago stores (Laurie's and Dave's), I like them both. I made some ridiculous scores about both of them a couple weeks ago. Dave's usually is really expensive but sometimes he gets used stuff in and doesn't know what he has. Case in point, I nabbed an original Hectic by Operation Ivy, I Don't Want to Grow Up by The Descendents on red, an original Queen is Dead by The Smiths and a couple other things for under $50. It's definitely worth picking over.

not sure how Vinyl Fever made the list. not that it's a bad store, they just really don't have a big selection, especially in comparison to other stores in the area like Mojo Books and Music or Daddy Kool.

This. I haven't been to VF in a long time because it is so damn far away from where I usually hang out (USF Tampa area), so I usually hit up Mojo. Glad they included Banana's...having 3 million records is quite insane in itself. I used to try and keep that place a secret haha.

I guess it's cool that Tampa got some love in the article though.

not sure how Vinyl Fever made the list. not that it's a bad store, they just really don't have a big selection, especially in comparison to other stores in the area like Mojo Books and Music or Daddy Kool.

This. I haven't been to VF in a long time because it is so damn far away from where I usually hang out (USF Tampa area), so I usually hit up Mojo. Glad they included Banana's...having 3 million records is quite insane in itself. I used to try and keep that place a secret haha.

I guess it's cool that Tampa got some love in the article though.

What places around here do you normally hang out..do you go to USF?