If you could see one band...

Guest errolwest

Guest errolwest

Play a reunion show, who would it be?

GO!!!

For me, it would be botch. Hands down. I owe my love of hardcore music, and ability to write guitar riffs in hardcore music to this band. And, they fucking slay.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest markovianprocess

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':i06klb9v]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':i06klb9v]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

These threads always make me feel really old, but then also really fortunate.

Most of the time I don't want to see bands play reunion shows if I've already seen them (like Botch and At the Drive-In) because I know it wouldn't be the same or nearly as good (like all the Murder City Devils reunion shows I've been to). There have been a couple that have worked out (both My Bloody Valentine and the Stooges blew my brains out), but I feel like those are exceptions.

That being said, hands down I would pick Fugazi. I know they never officially "broke up," but their last album came out 9 years ago so I'm calling it close enough. And I never got to see them, which breaks my heart.

These threads always make me feel really old, but then also really fortunate.

Most of the time I don't want to see bands play reunion shows if I've already seen them (like Botch and At the Drive-In) because I know it wouldn't be the same or nearly as good (like all the Murder City Devils reunion shows I've been to). There have been a couple that have worked out (both My Bloody Valentine and the Stooges blew my brains out), but I feel like those are exceptions.

That being said, hands down I would pick Fugazi. I know they never officially "broke up," but their last album came out 9 years ago so I'm calling it close enough. And I never got to see them, which breaks my heart.

yeah, Fugazi's never going to play again...especially given that they didn't have set lists so to play single show they'd have to re-familiarize their entire back catalog...because let's face it, if they're ever going to play again, those dudes would not half ass it one bit.

not so much as reunion shows...but if time traveling was the plan...i mean, if we're naming bands with dead members and all, time travel is the considerable option:

Black Flag right before Slip It In came out

early era Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds when he was off his rocker on drugs

the Birthday Party for the same reasons as above

Cheap Trick on the Dream Police Tour(78-79)

the Police in 1978/1979

Springsteen in like 1980 on the River tour

Bad Brains in like 82 before HR went full tilt off the deep end

Springsteen in like 1984/85 on the Born in the USA tour

the Who in like '71 on the Who's Next tour

I'm stoked that the only band I really really really wanted to see reunite...did so...and continues to do so

I gotta disagree with Bunnypuncher, though I never got to see Murder City Devils pre-breakup, every one of their reunion shows I've seen has been unreal, and absolutely fucking great.

Allison, wouldn't hold-out for the Northstar reunion...Nick barely does anything with Cassino at this point, they havn't even played a "hometown" show up in Huntsville since he started that project...which gives me the sense that he really really wants to past to stay the past

Allison, wouldn't hold-out for the Northstar reunion...Nick barely does anything with Cassino at this point, they havn't even played a "hometown" show up in Huntsville since he started that project...which gives me the sense that he really really wants to past to stay the past

this is most disappointing :[

I'd have to say Botch. Hands down.

I consider myself quite fortunate to have been able to see quite a few reunion shows as of late. Hum, Lifetime, Sunny Day Real Estate, Small Brown Bike and Pavement (last night actually and it was awesome).

In the past 2 years I have seen Small Brown Bike 4 times, and it rules.