PO: The Social Network soundtrack (Trent Reznor)

jhulud

http://www.nullco.com/TSN/

You can download a 5-track EP for free and also have purchase options for physical copies of the sountrack on CD, Blu-Ray, or 2xLP.

;D

In case you don't know, Trent Reznor (NIN, How To Destroy Angels) and Atticus Ross composed the soundtrack for the film.

The sampler is amazing!

Might just have to pick this up!

I just finished listening to it...and sir...you are right!

I bet Jesse Eisenberg will get this record for free, the bastard! haha

Haha, so true!

Even the other people involved with the movie will get the 2XLP, and be like, "What the fuck am I going to do with this?"

Even Justin Timberlake will get one! Fucking Justin Timberlake!

• 1 month later...
I would really like to see it before I actually jump on this.

Also is anyone else having trouble with the free EP download link you get when you sign up?

it worked fine for me, but I suppose that was more than a month ago.

hopefully I'll get the record soon (usually when I start complaining about not getting a package, it comes the next day and makes me feel impatient), and I'll take pictures if no one else has

Sent an email during the week it was supposed to ship (Oct 25-Oct 30); received this:

I do apologize for the delay. I will follow up with our production department and find out exactly what’s going on. As soon as we have some definitive information I will let you know.

Best,

Joe V.

Audiolife Support

No reply yet. I'll check again and share any response I get.

Sent an email during the week it was supposed to ship (Oct 25-Oct 30); received this:

I do apologize for the delay. I will follow up with our production department and find out exactly what’s going on. As soon as we have some definitive information I will let you know.

Best,

Joe V.

Audiolife Support

No reply yet. I'll check again and share any response I get.

and here's what I just got:

Thank you for providing your order number of 1234567. I checked in our production system and found that indeed there was a delay with the shipping of your order because the vinyl has gone out of stock. We recognize that this was a pre order and when we received the original shipment of vinyl, the merchandising company for Null Corporation, did not release enough to cover all pre orders. We are working with them and do expect to receive a replenishment of the vinyl and as soon as we do all outstanding orders will be shipped out. I am sorry for the delay while we await more vinyl.

doesn't this seem like something they should reach out to you to tell you first, especially considering they charged my credit card when I placed my order a month and a half ago?

also, when will they figure out that vinyl plural is vinyl?

Just got a similar response:

I’m very sorry we did not get this item shipped out to you. We are waiting to receive the vinyl in our warehouse from the artist’s management company. As soon as we receive them we will have your order shipped out.

Good times. Customer service doesn't seem to be their strong suit. There are a few threads on nin.com where people were receiving emails w/ delivery confirmation numbers AFTER they'd received their CDs/Blu-Rays...

At least the mp3 downloads were instant, versus a download card... right? Just trying to find a silver lining here.

Hello.

We apologize for the unusual delay in shipping your vinyl copy of 'The Social Network.'

We realize this is especially frustrating for those of you who also ordered the CD and/or Blu-Ray and are awaiting your entire package. The TSN vinyl is experiencing delays at the manufacturer.

We expect all the vinyl to arrive at the warehouse in a few days and will promptly mail out all outstanding orders.

Thank you so much for your patience.

- Null Co. Customer Support

I'm assuming everyone got this...?