charlie chaplin film with a cellphone user

i highly doubt that this was someone using a cell phone; there weren't any cell phone towers to actually let them send/receive calls even if by some miracle it is a 'time traveler'
Cell phone towers? Where we're going we don't need cell phone towers!

But seriously, if someone had the technology to build a time machine, certainly it's plausible that their phone technology is advanced enough to send/receive calls without the aid of towers. Come on, AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLISSSSSON.

i highly doubt that this was someone using a cell phone; there weren't any cell phone towers to actually let them send/receive calls even if by some miracle it is a 'time traveler'

I dunno, if you asked Tesla, it may have been at least possible by 1928 since the magnifying transmitter was first built in the late 19th century...who knows though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnifying_transmitter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardenclyffe_Tower#Theory_of_wireless_transmission

it looks like the person is itching the side of their face or something. at the very end they move their fingers and it doesn't look like anything is being held. The shadow could make it look like something was there though.

This.

Also someone suggested it could have been a hearing aid. The models in that time were of course bigger than they are today.

Cell phone towers? Where we're going we don't need cell phone towers!

But seriously, if someone had the technology to build a time machine, certainly it's plausible that their phone technology is advanced enough to send/receive calls without the aid of towers. Come on, AAAAAAAAAAALLLLLISSSSSON.

this is why i have a degree in fine art. NOT GUD AT DA THINKIN'.