How does everyone buy their postage?

not even. if youre being paid via paypal, you can print a shipping label.

how do you know weight?

this is the reason i dont print paypal labels, id love to do it but the thing is i have no idea how much it weighs, and i only sell records every few weeks when im low on cash, and usually not up to pay for a scale.

I bring it to the FedEx Express station, I use my employee discount and ship either Express or Ground.

USPS, I go to the 24 hour service counter if its nothing important, or go wait in line like everyone else for something that needs delivery confirmation or some other specialty service. Luckily we got a small local Post Office which is rarely that active.

how do you know weight?

You can get a scale pretty cheap pretty much anywhere

this. plus, you get delivery confirmation for .19 with every label or free if youre shipping priority.

if you dont want/cant afford a scale, you can almost always estimate it as long as youre estimating over. when youre shipping media mail, you can pad it by a couple of ounces and it really wont affect the price you pay for the postage.

still, if youre a collector and you plan on trading and/or selling for a long time - a $15 scale is a worthwhile investment for more reason than one.

^ or for people who only sell once and a while.

not even. if youre being paid via paypal, you can print a shipping label.

yeah, that makes total sense to the guy who sells a record or two every couple of months. go out and spend money on a scale to ship things, when you can just stop by the post office after work.