New AFS releases: AnchorBraille, K.Dev, Copeland,

gmoney

Sure would be nice if my anchor and braille record would actually get shipped instead of just printing out a shipping label and thus my order getting marked as shipped when it hasn't been

Really? All orders have been picked up, and there is nothing I can do to make the USPS update their systems.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure would be nice if my anchor and braille record would actually get shipped instead of just printing out a shipping label and thus my order getting marked as shipped when it hasn't been

[image]

Not stoked on this storm at all. I have a ton of MTS packages to be shipped tomorrow morning. My USPS pick-ups have been so sketchy lately I'm going to deal with the weather and drive everything to the post office.

weather seems to be nuts all over the world at the moment. things are insane in Australia.

I got my kdev vinyl last week. Looks and sounds amazing

Sick, thanks for your support.

I have a band that I manage called Such Gold (http://myspace.com/suchgold) over in Australia right now for a mini-tour and I'm nervous this hurricane thing doesn't delay their flights to Japan next week!

yeah i wanted to check them out but didnt get a chance. Hopefully it will be passed by then and they will be fine. Queensland is getting it real bad though, 2 floods and a hurricane worse than katrina in the period of about 2 weeks, its insane

So far, this is nowhere near Hurricane Katrina's damage. A reminder: at least 1,836 people died during or directly after making it the deadliest U.S. hurricane since 1928. The total property damage was estimated at $81 billion.

Trust me, I can sympathize, I lived here during and now after the storm. But there isn't much one can compare to Katrina.

yeah i wanted to check them out but didnt get a chance. Hopefully it will be passed by then and they will be fine. Queensland is getting it real bad though, 2 floods and a hurricane worse than katrina in the period of about 2 weeks, its insane

So far, this is nowhere near Hurricane Katrina's damage. A reminder: at least 1,836 people died during or directly after making it the deadliest U.S. hurricane since 1928. The total property damage was estimated at $81 billion.

Trust me, I can sympathize, I lived here during and now after the storm. But there isn't much one can compare to Katrina.

I wasnt trying to compare the damage to katrina but the actual cyclone itself was bigger/stronger than katrina. They stressed this fact often when broadcasting about it yesterday. Im just going by what the news said

Also when you consider than queensland had an area bigger than Texas that flooded 2 weeks ago things are pretty bad

queensland got lucky in terms of damage but im just going by what i heard. Im no scientist, but simply type in yasi katrina into google and half the results say yasi a cyclone bigger than katrina. Doesnt mean it is but im certainly not insane saying it

I was only taking issue with your claim that these storms were worst than Katrina. They're drawing comparisons, but it shouldn't. It was a big cyclone, I know. Katrina was too. I feel badly for those who've suffered. It just feels disrespectful to compare storms that kill hundreds to a storm that killed 1,800.

Okay, back to vinyl:

Yeah yeah, Copeland. That album is great. Anchor and Braille, hopefully they keep putting stuff out.

Here's a question: How come the Copland LP doesn't have the Militia Group trademarks and name. It just has AFS. Just curious? Most of the records have both the label that releases it and the label that presses it on vinyl.

When I pressed "Send Us A Signal", Militia got their check for licensing then stopped sending or answering emails. I put the logo on the back cause they hold the copyright. Had I not, I'm sure they wouldn't have cared or noticed. I dont want to speak for AFS, but it's also possible Militia sold the complete remaining license so AFS actually owns the record now. It's not like Militia is going to do a reissue.

sorry to DERAIL the topic at hand guys ( ;) ) but i got my in motion finally. beautiful! hate the giant fingerprints on it though :/

On the actual vinyl?

Yeah both sides it looks like someone grabbed it with the greasiest fingers ever and stuffed it in the sleeve. Not that big of a deal as it shouldn't affect playback (I hope)