Rep your hometown/where you live...

Guest errolwest

reading through this thread makes me real jealous. we do have great local bands, but its pretty hard for any band from here to tour, as we are right in the middle of canada, and any actual city is 6-8 hours away.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All The Saints backed hard. pretty much the last Touch And Go release. more like a Sonic Youth than Nirvana but still awesome.

Mastodon* come on! ;) shit, aren't Baroness and Kylesa also from there?

and KC! TGUK? so many great bands in KS! Kill Creek, Season To Risk, The Casket Lottery, Veda and a shout out for my friend's band TopHat! haha

I think Baroness and Kylesa are from Savanah, GA

all from Georgia, close enough. there's always OutKast too! :D

Ok, so my hometown is just outside of Birmingham, al, so i'll use that...

Earthworm

Dolarhyde

Maylene & The Sons of Disaster

that's about all that I can think of.

Haste

P.S. Eliot

The Ackleys

Dan Sartain

Maria Taylor

Wild Sweet Orange

if you're counting B-Ham

Forgot about haste and wild sweet orange. Never liked the ackleys though. Also forgot about This Day Will Burn.

atlanta

black lips

other bands connected to black lips (old king cole younger, The Spooks, Gaye Blades)

Gentlemen Jesses and his Men

All the Saints (for fans of fuzzed out grunge stuff, kinda makes me think of Nirvanna)

Wrister (uncommon for atlanta, TLA type of band)

Carnivores (sometimes remind me of Walkmen but more psychedelic)

there are more but i'm tired.

i like how our lists don't contain any of the same bands

all from Georgia, close enough. there's always OutKast too! :D

and Ludacris and Luti-Kriss as well

I actually just saw a used luti-kriss cd the other day. I laughed.

atlanta

black lips

other bands connected to black lips (old king cole younger, The Spooks, Gaye Blades)

Gentlemen Jesses and his Men

All the Saints (for fans of fuzzed out grunge stuff, kinda makes me think of Nirvanna)

Wrister (uncommon for atlanta, TLA type of band)

Carnivores (sometimes remind me of Walkmen but more psychedelic)

there are more but i'm tired.

i like how our lists don't contain any of the same bands

and Ludacris and Luti-Kriss as well

I actually just saw a used luti-kriss cd the other day. I laughed.

yeah there are actually a lot of good bands here.

i hope to make it out the the EARL three times this week.

Thursday Gaye Blades

Friday Coathangers live 7" release show

Sunday Tim Kasher

yeah there are actually a lot of good bands here.

i hope to make it out the the EARL three times this week.

Thursday Gaye Blades

Friday Coathangers live 7" release show

Sunday Tim Kasher

I plan on being at the Coathangers show friday for sure, but probably going to the Thrashers game first. Do you have the Gentlemen Jesse live @ the earl?

Also, the ataris tuesday night and maybe constellations @ smith's on wednesday.

KANSAS CITY, MO / LAWRENCE, KS

awesome bands (current): rooftop vigilantes, muscle worship, soft reeds, the dactyls, cowboy indian bear, bent left, hipshot killer, the dead girls, high diving ponies, american catastrophe, reward tree, get up kids, blackpool lights (new ep coming soon), howard iceberg & the titanics, bleach bloodz, mouthbreathers, u.s. americans, nature boys, CVLTS, lazy, the grisly hand, adam lee & the dead horse sound company, sons of great dane, so many more

awesome rappers/djs: greg enemy, stik figa, dutch newman, steddy p., d/will, miles bonny, mac lethal, leonard dstroy, archetype, id, approach

awesome bands (defunct): revolvers, the bubble boys, kosher, shotgun idols, the lust-r-tones, go generation, sin city disciples, the pedaljets, the catherines, joe worker, cocknoose, the breakups, 100 volts, ultimate fakebook, tanka ray, main street saints, kill creek, vitreous humor, boys life, volara, proudentall, paw, cher u.k., danger bob, sister mary rotten crotch, season to risk, alert! alert!, crap corps, creepy aliens, the casket lottery, reflector, countless others

awesome beer: boulevard, free state, mccoy's, 23rd street, o'malley's, flying monkey

awesome coffee: roasterie, parisi, crossroads coffeehouse, broadway cafe, mildred's in the crossroads

awesome venues (current): riot room, recordbar, davey's uptown, the brick, czar bar, crosstown station, grinders, the bottleneck, the granada, the studded bird, 8th street taproom, jackpot saloon, replay lounge, the newsroom, a revolving cast of diy house venues.

awesome things in general: the pitch, hammerpress, westport, brookside, west bottoms, mass st. in lawrence, the record machine, zebedee's rpm, love garden, tivoli theater, blanc burgers, brgr, real jalisco, rico's tacos, margarita's on sw blvd, cupini's, jerusalem cafe, art of pizza, westside local, nelson-atkins museum of art, lots of free shit to do, tons of dive bars and roadside diners.

embarrassments: puddle of mudd, red line chemistry, tech n9ne, all of the pro sports teams, church of scientology, westboro baptist church (located in topeka, so they are often in kc), the power & light district, kansas liquor laws, westport cops, 98.9 the rock

awesome bands (current): rooftop vigilantes, muscle worship, soft reeds, the dactyls, cowboy indian bear, bent left, hipshot killer, the dead girls, high diving ponies, american catastrophe, reward tree, get up kids, blackpool lights (new ep coming soon), howard iceberg & the titanics, bleach bloodz, mouthbreathers, u.s. americans, nature boys, CVLTS, lazy, the grisly hand, adam lee & the dead horse sound company, sons of great dane, so many more

awesome rappers/djs: greg enemy, stik figa, dutch newman, steddy p., d/will, miles bonny, mac lethal, leonard dstroy, archetype, id, approach

awesome bands (defunct): revolvers, the bubble boys, kosher, shotgun idols, the lust-r-tones, go generation, sin city disciples, the pedaljets, the catherines, joe worker, cocknoose, the breakups, 100 volts, ultimate fakebook, tanka ray, main street saints, kill creek, vitreous humor, boys life, volara, proudentall, paw, cher u.k., danger bob, sister mary rotten crotch, season to risk, alert! alert!, crap corps, creepy aliens, the casket lottery, reflector, countless others

awesome beer: boulevard, free state, mccoy's, 23rd street, o'malley's, flying monkey

awesome coffee: roasterie, parisi, crossroads coffeehouse, broadway cafe, mildred's in the crossroads

awesome venues (current): riot room, recordbar, davey's uptown, the brick, czar bar, crosstown station, grinders, the bottleneck, the granada, the studded bird, 8th street taproom, jackpot saloon, replay lounge, the newsroom, a revolving cast of diy house venues.

awesome things in general: the pitch, hammerpress, westport, brookside, west bottoms, mass st. in lawrence, the record machine, zebedee's rpm, love garden, tivoli theater, blanc burgers, brgr, real jalisco, rico's tacos, margarita's on sw blvd, cupini's, jerusalem cafe, art of pizza, westside local, nelson-atkins museum of art, lots of free shit to do, tons of dive bars and roadside diners.

embarrassments: puddle of mudd, red line chemistry, tech n9ne, all of the pro sports teams, church of scientology, westboro baptist church (located in topeka, so they are often in kc), the power & light district, kansas liquor laws, westport cops, 98.9 the rock

+1

Have you had The Casbah Burger Stand on Mass in Lawrence? Quickly becoming one of my favorite places to eat.

We just released the Bent Left LP!

Love the Riot Room too. I was in town with the Disappeared for the BL record release show a couple weekends ago. We ate at Oklahoma Joe's and I had what might have been the best ribs ever!

And the drummer from Under The Black Sails is the biggest douche I've ever met in my life.

And the drummer from Under The Black Sails is the biggest douche I've ever met in my life.

still? who is their drummer now, their old one was a gigantic prick, and wears a TOOL shirt every day of his life.

I don't know his name, but after what happened about 10 days ago, he might not be in the band any more.

We were at the Bent Left dudes house after the record release show and it was getting late and everyone was pretty wasted. He pinned my friend up against a wall in the hallway and left a hickey on her neck.

Then a couple hours later when everyone was passed out, he started beating the crap out of someone on a couch who was sleeping and even jammed his thumb in the sleeping persons eye. It was really messed up.