Rep your hometown/where you live...

reignition (hardcore)www.myspace.com/reignitionpa

fuck yeah, sean from outrage recently started singing for them. i really dig their newest 7"

colby asked me for some live photos i took of them to use on the packaging for that 7". i'm not sure if they made the cut since i never picked one up cuz he said he'd get one to me and never did. pfffft.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they have last.fm and facebook pages, but I am too old (28) and stubborn (very) to know jack shit about that.

I will be at their CD release show on the 27th, and hope to grab copies of all their available releases for the distro.

Syracuse NY and surrounding areas:

Manowar

Polar Bear Club

Ronnie James Dio

Joey Belladonna (Anthrax)

Steve Perry (Not Journey, but Cherry Poppin Daddies

Honor-Bright

Jon Fishman (Drummer of Phish)

Random People:

Tom Cruise

Richard Gere (actually grew up with my Dad and Aunt, his folks still live down the street from my Grandparents)

Grover Cleveland

Dave Mirra

Tom Kenny (Voice of Sponge Bob, haha)

I'm from Caledonia, so I'll claim the Hamilton and Niagara area as our scene:

Alexisonfire

Cancer Bats

Arkells

Caribou

Silverstein (eww)

Boys Night Out

It's not great haha. A lot of post-hardcore stuff that was popular a few years back came from around here, but it's died off significantly.

Brownie Points was from Daytona Beach. They were good.

the ska band? i saw them back in 2002ish. they were awesome

I think this has been brought up before. But yeah, they were.

Just to list a few more:

Lack of Confidence (even more ska)

Skif Dank (not as bad as I used to think)

Fortitude (still as bad as I used to think)

The Clockwork Affiliate (were one of the better bands from the Daytona area)

Just to list a few more:

Skif Dank still exists? I have a comp with them on it from around 1998. They did a cover of Ace of Spades.

Just to list a few more:

Brownie Points and Skif Dank were both awesome shows for me in high school (orlando area). Also, Spitvalves! miss those guys

Some notable bands from Springfield, IL:

Park

The Graduate

The Junior Varsity

N.I.L.8

That's about all I think of as of right now.

I used to love NIL8. I've seen them in St. Louis probably 20 times.

Yeah they've been around for a really long time. There's even an NIL8 sticker on one of the shelves in the record store in the movie High Fidelity! haha

Just to list a few more:

Brownie Points and Skif Dank were both awesome shows for me in high school (orlando area). Also, Spitvalves! miss those guys

YEAH SPITVALVES, havn't thought of that band in years

you are so lucky to live in an area with a thriving music scene. wilmington, delaware here...there's the spinto band who i saw a few times at this hole in the wall coffee shop before they went on mtv2. other than that, i just look to the philly scene...used to really dig the teeth from over there.

Be glad you live in Wilmington, I live in Dover and I'm sure it's waay worse. at the very least my drive to philly is an extra 40 minutes!

I'm from Delaware:

Jade Tree

Boy Sets Fire

Walleye

The Kill Quota

Stormwatch

Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza

Zen Geurrilla

DuPont

Best beaches on the East Coast

convenient drive to DC, Philly, Baltimore, NYC

And the illest punks in the world

Notice I didn't mention George Thorogood or our beloved vice president. That's because I hate them and they suck.

where are said illest punks?

Who knows. I haven't lived there for 12 years. And i grew up in Dover, so trust me I get it. sneaking out to catch the train into philly or DC to go see bands. Nearly dying driving back from Baltimore in the middle of the night trying to get home before my parents woke up. And just the general hell of lower/slower Delaware. At least we had punk shows when I was a kid. I saw COC, shudder to think and a bunch of other bands at the Felton Roller Rink back in the day.

atlanta

black lips

other bands connected to black lips (old king cole younger, The Spooks, Gaye Blades)

Gentlemen Jesses and his Men

All the Saints (for fans of fuzzed out grunge stuff, kinda makes me think of Nirvanna)

Wrister (uncommon for atlanta, TLA type of band)

Carnivores (sometimes remind me of Walkmen but more psychedelic)

there are more but i'm tired.

I haven't seen a thread like this yet, so here goes...show some love (or hate if you want) for some of the local bands in your neck of the woods. You never know, you may find a new band or two you like. I won't include links because I am lazy, but I am sure you can google all of these.

Tampa and the surrounding areas:

* Worldwide Zoo (shameless plug haha...instrumental funk/acid jazz/bullshit)

* Cult Ritual (noisy hardcore)

* Merchandise (post punk/goth...new 12" is supposed to be sick)

* Green Sunshine (hip hop/soul/funk)

* Neon Blud (noisy hardcore...should be on tour now)

* Auto! Automatic!! (instrumental prog/math rock)

* Devout (hardcore)

* Red Room Cinema (post-rock, though I haven't heard their new stuff yet)

* The Grecian Urns (indie folk)

* Nazi Dust (hardcore)

There are tons more, believe me, but I figured I would stop at 10.

you are so lucky to live in an area with a thriving music scene. wilmington, delaware here...there's the spinto band who i saw a few times at this hole in the wall coffee shop before they went on mtv2. other than that, i just look to the philly scene...used to really dig the teeth from over there.

Dude, I can't believe you are complaining. Philly is one of the best music cities in the country. My bands played all over Del.-Philly when I lived there. And sometimes you've got to make things happen. I know tons of people in that area that are in rad bands. Go see some of them, start a band, throw a brick.

atlanta

black lips

other bands connected to black lips (old king cole younger, The Spooks, Gaye Blades)

Gentlemen Jesses and his Men

All the Saints (for fans of fuzzed out grunge stuff, kinda makes me think of Nirvanna)

Wrister (uncommon for atlanta, TLA type of band)

Carnivores (sometimes remind me of Walkmen but more psychedelic)

there are more but i'm tired.

fuggin' MASTADON?

Be glad you live in Wilmington, I live in Dover and I'm sure it's waay worse. at the very least my drive to philly is an extra 40 minutes!

where are said illest punks?

Who knows. I haven't lived there for 12 years. And i grew up in Dover, so trust me I get it. sneaking out to catch the train into philly or DC to go see bands. Nearly dying driving back from Baltimore in the middle of the night trying to get home before my parents woke up. And just the general hell of lower/slower Delaware. At least we had punk shows when I was a kid. I saw COC, shudder to think and a bunch of other bands at the Felton Roller Rink back in the day.

i've only been to delaware once when i drove with a friend through new jersey to pretty much just go for a drive. it got really, really late so we decided to stay in wilmington, de. bad idea. within 2 blocks of driving, we both got solicited for sex and were not allowed into a motel 6 because there were police with fucking automatic weapons guarding the establishment. we stopped in this one motel and a guy came up to us and said that we could "pay him $50 to stay at his place and fuck his cousin".

at least we got really, really cheap cigarettes on the drive back.

I haven't seen a thread like this yet, so here goes...show some love (or hate if you want) for some of the local bands in your neck of the woods. You never know, you may find a new band or two you like. I won't include links because I am lazy, but I am sure you can google all of these.

Tampa and the surrounding areas:

* Worldwide Zoo (shameless plug haha...instrumental funk/acid jazz/bullshit)

* Cult Ritual (noisy hardcore)

* Merchandise (post punk/goth...new 12" is sick)

* Green Sunshine (hip hop/soul/funk)

* Neon Blud (noisy hardcore...should be on tour now)

* Auto! Automatic!! (instrumental prog/math rock)

* Devout (hardcore)

* Red Room Cinema (post-rock, though I haven't heard their new stuff yet)

* The Grecian Urns (indie folk)

* Nazi Dust (hardcore)

There are tons more, believe me...

Edit: Such as: The Beauvilles, Candy Bars, Volcanic Slut, Pugfort, Elysium, Criminal Culture, The Tim Version, New Bruises, Guiltmaker, Centuries, Cellgraft, Dads, Slave Scene, Month Mind, and on and on...

What happened to Candy Bars? Are they still a band? Their one album was amazing.

Lawrence, KS

- KU Basketball

- The Get Up Kids & all of their other projects

Thats about it.

Kill Creek was from there and William S. Burroughs lived there for the last few years of his life.

I wish I could rep my town more. The only decent band from here was The Why I Oughtas/All Ages. Copeland and Anberlin are from here but they are the suck.

EDIT: They aren't really from my area, but close. Anyway, Airplains are awesome. FFO: ATDI, Twelve Hour Turn, Joan of Arc.

Hmm...Winchester, Virginia.

In just an hour drive, you can swing by Harrisonburg and check out Gifts From Enola (experimental/instrumental...FFO Explosions in the Sky with lyrics haha)

Josh Small is from Falls Church, VA and his sister lives in Winchester. He told me that he wanted his first album to be pressed as Yellow/Gold and Burgundy because those are colors of the Washington Redskins.

Besides that, there are NO good bands from here.

However, I attend Shepherd University and you guys definitely have to check out:

The Fox Hunt (folk/country/rock/bluegrass...fountrock..so good even Suburban Home put their record for sale through the store)

The Demon Beat (Soul/Blues/Rock...amazing guitar work and they put on one hell of a show!!)

Prison Book Club (Blues-Country/Southern Rock...guys from The Fox Hunt and The Demon Beat...very very awesome music)

And to jimmythescumbag...Auto! Automatic!! is fucking awesome! As soon as I read your post, I started a new tab and went to their myspace...I love this genre and it definitely does well. Thanks, man!

Hometown Represent (Huntsville, Alabama)

reppin some:

Northstar

The Snake The Cross The Crown

Thomas Function

Current Town Represent (Tuscaloosa, Alabama)

Reppin some:

Dexateens

Pain

Baak Gwai

Best band in your current town is of the Million Dollar nature, sir.

Million Dollar Band is great....for what they do/are. But Dexateens get me crazy as hell (as all will see when their DVD gets released)

All The Saints backed hard. pretty much the last Touch And Go release. more like a Sonic Youth than Nirvana but still awesome.

Mastodon* come on! ;) shit, aren't Baroness and Kylesa also from there?

and KC! TGUK? so many great bands in KS! Kill Creek, Season To Risk, The Casket Lottery, Veda and a shout out for my friend's band TopHat! haha

All The Saints backed hard. pretty much the last Touch And Go release. more like a Sonic Youth than Nirvana but still awesome.

Mastodon* come on! ;) shit, aren't Baroness and Kylesa also from there?

and KC! TGUK? so many great bands in KS! Kill Creek, Season To Risk, The Casket Lottery, Veda and a shout out for my friend's band TopHat! haha

I think Baroness and Kylesa are from Savanah, GA